Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Hyper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claire/Mark
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what am going to do about Mylo then as he has been adult food forever and still hyper even altho changing him to dry food Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Think Mylo was born to be hyper Laughing Laughing
Barry
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire, althou i only met Mylo a couple of times before you got Tara, i can see the difference in him due to her being on board! I,m sure they will continue to help each other develop.
Mylo will be more than most benefiting from all these walks your committing to going on recently. He is getting regular doggy socialization and through time should settle whilst playing around other dogs! Laughing They have grown very fond of one another, was shown the other day when Mylo was bouncing about and challenging Dodge and Dodger went in and Tara was like... hold on a min here, nearly steam ahead in to protect Mylo! Very Happy
Lisa
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, years ago they didn't have different Puppy/Junior/Adult foods, people all just fed their dogs the same food no matter what age it was. IMO dog food manufacturer's only introduced these to make more money from us. With regards to JWB there isn't actually that much difference in the ingredients in the adult food compared to the ingredients in the junior food. The protein content only differs by a couple of %, if that. However there is quite a big difference in the Puppy food compared to the Adult food. For this reason I changed Kai over quite early from Puppy food, in fact I think if I'd been better informed I might not have bothered with Puppy food at all, I would have had Kai on Raw from the start. I know many people who feed adult food from the start and have no issues. Puppy food with its high protein content definitely promotes rapid growth which obviously isn't a good thing.

Also just to say, Kai was a nightmare on Sunday as well but I knew that would be the case as he hadn't been exercised before hand. A decent walk before class should help you out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: