Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
A new recruit to the Club

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Pictures of Our Pets and Our Walks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: A new recruit to the Club Reply with quote

This is Diva, 5 month old Akita pup, she belongs to the daughter of a neighbour and is going to come to class when we re start after the summer. She came round for a visit tonight.

Alison

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a beautiful pup John. I've never seen an Akita that colour. Can't wait to meet her!
Nicola

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's lovely. Very Happy And like Alison, i've also never seen an Akita that colour either! Very interesting. ..I think I actually prefer them that colour.
marcella

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was stunning, her coat just felt like the softest of fur! Very Happy
Her colouring is beautiful .......... I like her white boots!!!!!!
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely, beautiful coloring.

we did a bit o recruiting ourselves or should i say Kristy did, was it wee boxer pup we bumped into. Allan gave the owners a card for the club. Laughing
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendal wrote:

we did a bit o recruiting ourselves or should i say Kristy did, was it wee boxer pup we bumped into. Allan gave the owners a card for the club. Laughing

Great Laughing Laughing Laughing
kirsty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

We gave out 2 or three cards on the walk, I was on a 'lets sell sand to the arabs' mission and told everyone we met to come to class and join in on our walks. guess i just want to 'spread the word' - the classes and walks have turned my life around - You will remember my distressed emails to you. At one point I thought I would have to hand Dodge back - he was so aggressive and I could'nt control him.

I had my two off the lead going up to the car after the walk last week, and Marcella said to someone that I had two well behaved dogs, I almost stopped in my tracks - someone 'that knows' saying that about my two had me well made up
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your two big guys are brilliant Kirsty! You have given Dodge a life even you thought at one point was going to be impossible! Most of all you've given Dodge faith in himself, that's why he's now such a happy and contented dog, which in return is why his behaviour MUCH better!

It's all thanks to you, no one else!!! So take the credit where credit is due. Very Happy thumbleft
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:

It's all thanks to you, no one else!!! So take the credit where credit is due. Very Happy thumbleft

I second that Kirsty.........all down to you..........I bet even the GSD rescue guys are impressed?
kirsty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Humble thank you.

The idea that I have given Dodge faith in himself makes me feel like - I don't know - words fail me.

I had never thought of that before - him being insecure and lacking in confidence - because he never seemed like a fear aggressive dog.

whew, gee, I need to think about that some more.

Certainly knowing he is so happy makes me just want to burst with joy.

The big boy, bob, would have settled in anywhere I think, he is just such a lovely natured dog. But, I probably was Dodge's last chance, I think if anyone else had given up on him, he would have lost all faith in the human race, I was his 3rd owner and I got him a week before his third birthday, his papers also had him picked up by the dog warden and rescued out of there by his current owners but then sent to some home for homeless dogs in Aberdeen, then he was constantly running from his final owner before me, scaling 6 foot fences and disappearing for hours on end, that owner just wanted rid of him -then the wee soul spent 5 weeks in coupan kennels before I fostered him. Nobody wanted him, they just kept dumping him - and as they say, the rest is history. (Im almost in tears thinking about his first couple of years of life - and that's why I persevered as I knew so many other people had given up on him)

Your right, what a team we make my wee Dodgie boy n me. Im just so lucky to have him and Bob - thanks again.
kendal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a very touching story he certainly has been trough some tough times.
i recon you were meant to have him, or he wouldn't have ended up at the rescue center you were at. he is a beautiful dog and always looks so happy.. i think you should be very proud of the both of you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Pictures of Our Pets and Our Walks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: