Google Search
Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Chicken Wings a Success, But not other Chicken?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Chicken Wings a Success, But not other Chicken? Reply with quote

Got the dogs some chicken wings last week and whilst putting them in some bags to go in the freezer, Kodi was practically on the worktop trying to get one, Made him wait though and then he ran away to his bed and licked it for 5/10 mins then realized he was suppose to eat it and it was gone very fast, Which was great, and he's eaten the others that I have gave him since Very Happy (As has Rose although I knew she likes them as I got her some last year Wink)

So that was all good, But mum and I got some reduced chicken(date was fine) from tesco on Monday for Rose for Agility on Tuesday (which never made a difference as she doesn't care about food or toys Rolling Eyes) and whilst I was cooking it, I decided to give Kodi a bit and he spat it out, then played with it and refused to eat it Confused
Didn't try any raw with Rose as she was in bed asleep in another room Laughing (Have tried just a small bit of raw chicken breast with her before and she wouldn't eat it)

Also the other week we got them some of the prize choice frozen meat from p@h (They both love the tripe), It was either the plain chicken or the chicken & liver one and both Rose and Kodi took one lick, then refused to eat the rest (it ended up in the bin Rolling Eyes)

So I am confused as to why they will both eat chicken wings fine but not other raw chicken?
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Megam.

mine will eat chicken backs but not wing Confused I think it is simply a case of dogs like different things........remember we have an account with AMP who manufacture Prize Choice and we get a good discount Smile
Megan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
Hi Megam.

mine will eat chicken backs but not wing Confused I think it is simply a case of dogs like different things

Hi John

Guess it's just like the liver, Rose will have a bit of raw liver gone in 2 seconds and Kodi will not even think of taking it Laughing It is weird though as the chicken is all the same, Will try them again one last time the next time we have chicken and if they don't like it that time will just give them other stuff Smile

Quote:
remember we have an account with AMP who manufacture Prize Choice and we get a good discount Smile

I forgot/didn't read that on here before Embarassed, Just found where it says that on here Embarassed Laughing

Will try them with the Beef, Lamb etc from p@h and see which ones they like first I think Wink

Do you have a list of prices?

Thanks Smile
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will bring our price list up on Thursday night.
Megan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nipped in to Tesco quickly on the way home from the walk last night, They had some chicken thighs(skinless and boneless) reduced from £2.49 to 62p Very Happy, Just cooking it just now for training tonight and they both took some of it raw and then looked for more (the rest was already cooking), Just wish we had picked up the other 1 or 2 boxes that were there now Laughing

So I guess if it's chicken it will have to be wings or thighs Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: