Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Calm Zak looking for new family.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StuartW
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Calm Zak looking for new family. Reply with quote

Zak is a 6 year old collie / lab cross (his thick fur and bushy tail suggests some other heritage too Smile )

His current family is Suzie (a work colleague of mine) and her flatmate - unfortunately, due to increasing work and university commitments they are not able to give him the time he deserves. Their decision to seek a new family for him was a difficult one for them to make, but in the long run they want him to be happiest.

Izzy and I had him stay with us for a few days with a view to giving Doogle a new friend. However, Doogle's endless excitement didn't fit Zak's maturity. BUT.. Zak was always very tolerant of Doogle, only ever shrugging him off. We can whole-heartedly say that he is a lovely calm dog. Because our reason for getting a second dog is primarily for Doogle's sake, it wasn't fair to either of them to keep Zak.

During the time with us, he displayed no signs of anxiety, no aggression at all (he let Doogle take a pig's ear out his mouth!!) and was good on walks - obeys sit/down/stay/recall. He carries a little bit of extra weight, but his thick fur makes him look bulkier than he really is. Apart from his longer, thinner snout his face is very similar to Doogle's.

He would be ideal for any family, but like I said our only reason for getting another dog is to keep Doogle company, so I think he would be best suited to a home with less 'puppy-ish' dogs Smile

He has been neutered and seems in very good health, although he hasn't been chipped yet. Due to his present home circumstances, he has proven to be able to be left for extended periods alone inside (the fact he has to is the reason he needs a new home).

If you think you can offer him a new home, please get in touch with Suzie on 07739 005192 or PM me if you would like more info.

This is Zak...

marcella

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a nice wee guy. Smile I hope he finds a new forever home. Smile
Ashley

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a shame it never worked out guys! What about Poppy or Bracken the spaniels needing rehomed? Either would be great with Doogle I am sure... from what I have heard anyway. PM Peter or EileenC.
I have heard a lot about both dogs from speaking on the phone with them, and honestly.... I thought of you two. They sound like fantastic dogs and would fit in well with you guys.

I hope this lovely dog finds a forever home soon! Looks lovely! Smile
jackdeb

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool looking dog.

I am sure he will find a new home soon.

Jack
Lindy

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww shame guys he looks like one nice wee chap. Like Ash said I thought of you guys when I read about Bracken and Poppy they would be about the right age for our wee Dougstar ohhh I think he'd like a girlfriend Laughing On a more serous note I do hope Zak gets a new home soon.
Isabel

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye it is a shame, but our home wasn't the best for him, he wasn't interested in doogle at all and doogle spent the whole time trying to get him to play, which he didn't appreciate, he growled at him alot. Hopefully he will get a new home soon. I'm going to ring the spaniel trust about the dogs they have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: