Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Free Tripe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amandawhitelaw
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Free Tripe Reply with quote

I got Yoda Tripe with veg and rice from AMP natures menu and she has went off the tripe. It is packs of 500g and there is 9 of them. I would rather give them to someone than just throw them out. I can drop them off for you any time.
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanda,
you pander to Yoda too much.......if she is hungry she will devour this.......if she is already stuffed to bursting point there is no way she will eat any more.......you must cut back on what you feed her.
Lindy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johns right this wee lab X I have got home had a 1lb of mince and 3 chicken wings for her tea she ate it all and was quite happy i offered her a coulple of treat out o the walk and she didn't want them as she was full from her tea which i think she needed as I'm not sure when she last ate a meal? That seems ot be enough for her and she is only about 6mnths so I doubt she will need much more thanh that a day.
Janis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john's right amanda..........you do pander to her and i see a lot of my mum in you!...........she did the same thing with her dogs..............and they were overweight for most of their lives which wasn't healthy.............she was killing them slowly!

cut yoda right back !............she won't starve and her waggy tail will still wag and love you to bits! Very Happy ..................my two get half a pound of raw every night and that's them!...............they are full of beans and happy!..................fifteen minute rule...............if she doesn't eat i, lift it til the next feeding time..............if she still doesn't eat throw it away and no offer of food or treats, (and that includes human food) til the next feeding time and she will soon eat what you put down to her which is good stuff!..............by cutting her back radically she will burn off the excess she is carrying at the moment, tone up, gain more energy and her coat and eyes will shine more............bitches who are dressed are also more prone to gaining weight which i have to be careful with in inca although gypsy's half sister she is a different build and can gain weight far more easily!

i've seen gypsy not eat for a couple of days and still walk run and do agility...............sometimes if she's not been out for a good decent walk she won't eat!........her wee body is telling her she doesn't need it!................she's still here and a happy bundle of fun!

as a group of friends we want to see yoda healthy and happy for you and steven, so please don't think we are all interfereing busy bodies!

Smile
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanda,

Dogs will eat 'anything' if they are hungry enough. There are starving kids all over the third world who would love to tuck in to the packs of natures choice dog food!!!!!

I make my dogs eat whatever I buy them. At the moment I have made a mistake with the landywoods coarse chicken.....and I wont buy it again.... but I have paid good money for it and they WILL eat it or do without. Every time I put it down to them, they circle the bowls, have a smell, walk away, go back, look at me with the accusing eyes. But they know from experience that if they do not eat dinner, it is removed and they go hungry till the next meal, so they reluctantly eat it, and certainly not with the gusto of best mince but they eat it.

If you are still giving the dog human food, you are accustoming her palate to salt and fat, lets face it the things that makes our food so tasty....but it is just not good for her....

She is a Dog, you control her life, she does not control yours......(easy to say, I know as I have trouble controlling mine when we are out on walks... but the food should be an easy one)

Good Luck with it Amanda
kirsty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amanda

I have just read back my last post, and it could be taken that Im having a go....

That's not how I mean it.

My boys mean the world to me and probably cause I don't have any kids I baby them a bit....John has given me a serious telling off for always kissing and cuddling Bob whom I treat as a big living teddy bear.....He was always telling me off for giving Dodge too much affection therefore feeding the dominance in him.....

I know that it is so easy to try to please the dogs all the time, I transfer human emotions on to the dogs and have to keep telling myself, thats how a human feels - they are driven by instincts.. another thing entirely.

But pandering to the dog with the food is just so bad for her, eventually she will have you feeding her cooked chicken, fish and human food constantly....I actually know dog owners who do this, cook chicken, mince and fish as their wee darlings just don't like dog food.....we are feeding our dogs the best of stuff and if they go off it, let them go hungry.

Sorry Amanda, I am off on another rant. Good luck with it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: