Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Otto in the wars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JennyMc
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how's your patient today?
Suzanne H
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got some more antibiotics as the wound was a bit weepy and he's hates the collar and is gradually chewing through it. But if he isn't wearing it, he slinks off to a quiet corner for a lick.

He's starting to champ at the bit to stretch his legs though - even a 3mile walk on the lead yesterday hardly touched the sides. By next week he'll be climbing the walls.

Glad your boy seems to be rallying.
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can anyone sleep with their dog in their room full time? It's bad enough having a snoring man, never mind a dog that barks at a bat farting and keeps getting comfy and banging his head collar off the bed.

Man, cannot wait till he's back in the kitchen. We are knackered.

He's been fine out of the crate, even during the afternoon when he's been on his own. He had a chew at a door when confined to one room, but when given the run of a few rooms behaved perfectly.

Not putting the crate away quite yet...the collar acts as a barrier to things like bins and fruit bowls, but he has surprised me at how good he is being.
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing oh Suzanne ............. I feel your pain! Diesel is a noisy sleeper, he howls and barks in his sleep and he fidgets. When lying in the room he also insists on chewing his feet, cleaning his boy parts and his backside (very noisily!!!!) and has a scratch whilst leaning on the wardrobe door causing it to bang!
Janis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcella wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing oh Suzanne ............. I feel your pain! Diesel is a noisy sleeper, he howls and barks in his sleep and he fidgets. When lying in the room he also insists on chewing his feet, cleaning his boy parts and his backside (very noisily!!!!) and has a scratch whilst leaning on the wardrobe door causing it to bang!

i've friends who have men like that!!!!!.....be thankful he's a dog and can go back to the kitchen soon! Laughing
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas I think he likes sleeping with us so I anticipate a right royal whine first night back downstairs. Tough!

It is funny though, otto barks, wakes me up, I shout at otto to be quiet, which wakes Ian up who shouts at me to be quiet. Then we all need to go to the loo.
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucket on head for another week - wound is a bit infected so he's on antibiotics and isn't allowed off the lead even in the back garden! Scar tissue was cut away so lovely blood on the carpet. He'll be left with a manly scar.

He's not that bothered and is behaving fine - I think he's sleeping less during the day out of the crate (eyeing the birds and neighbours) and so is just sleeping all evening.

It's only a minor problem thankfully. Still he's dying to stretch his legs poor boy.
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw bless him, poor lad'll be like a coiled spring Laughing
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is no chance of getting him back in the crate now...he doesn't appear to need it as long as he's not stuck in one room. but you know what dogs are like - just when you think they're trained....

He's still got the collar on which makes gnawing ornaments a bit more tricky than it might be without it.
Lindy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a nice reminder early tis morning as to why I crate my two at night still when Dora woke me at 5.30am Shocked barking at the window luckily the crates are still out i had just decided last night to let them have the run of the kitchen and living room last night as they have been so good since i got back and were fast asleep when i went to bed...silly woman that I am..they will be back in their crates tonight Very Happy
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is weird how they bark when not in the crate, but not when in it - and they must hear the same things eg milkman. Though he's usually at the back of the house, so maybe not.

But yeah, that early morning bark - very annoying.
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any doubt I had over the crate disappeared when I got home to find a pair of my shoes destroyed!! They were an old pair as all others plus the bin had been put out of harm's way. He wasn't even on his own that long!!

Poor boy, he is just so desperate for a run, he's practically bristling with energy. He'd only been on his own for 3 hours but had the look of the devil in him and was chattering away to me (was hard not to laugh).

We even have to walk him round the garden on the lead so he doesn't snag the wound again. Think he had a shark bite the flipping palaver we're going through. It's just a 50p size wound now but he needs the collar on!!!

I hid some treats around the house for him to find, did some training with him to try to tire out his mind. It seemed to work, he calmed right down and coupled with his tea/40min walk he snoozed all evening.

I think anything that's irreplacable will have to be moved for a few days. Just goes to show though how easily a good dog can get up to mischief without exercise. took him 2 weeks to start chewing shoes!!!
Gemma

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant believe Otto isn't well. I had noticed that u hadnt been at the class the last cuple of weeks but I just thot tht u wer on holiday or somethin. Wot happened to the poor wee soul?

That pik is so cute
shirley c

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must just be heavy sleepers, all the dogs come into our room at night and at the moment Luka is still on the bed with us....this will need to be sorted soon though.

I dont hear them all night, they dont move, my lot must be such a lazy bunch Very Happy
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be back at training after our holiday.

The collar is off and he's had a couple of runs - never seen a dog so happy.

One chewed shoe in 3 weeks of no running or crate isn't bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: