Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Chappie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good ti Jack and one I had not heard of before. I bath their eyes and staining in luke warm saline, dab dry with soft tissue, apply Sudocrem to the stained areas. Like the idea of the Q-tip though. Must get some. Nedver thought of Persians having bother. I think some of ours are allergy related as once the growth dies off and it gets a lot colder, it seems to clear up a good bit. Katie's does anyway, have to wait and see what the pups {harvey] does.

Helen
Jack
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works a charm Helen - tip I got straight from their breeder, a lovely lady called Jean Stewart. She looks after her cats beautifully - they are all stunning. She's got lots of white Persians and they all suffer with this issue but look utterly beautiful when cleaned. The Boric Acid really restores the whiteness. The other tip is to smother them in Johnsons baby powder before brushing, it soaks up the excess grease from their fur, restores whiteness, helps ease out the tats and leaves them smelling lovely - good tip to all owners of white or pale long haired pooches......another tip......careful which brand of talc you use - Johnsons suits most coats as it's formulated for babies therefore very very gentle but others can be too harsh or heavily perfumed and CAN cause extreme allergic reactions which can result in extreme hair loss and lots of money shelled out to vets to treat them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: