Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Tara Getting Speyed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Claire/Mark
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Tara Getting Speyed Reply with quote

Hello Everyone, well Tara is going in to get dressed next month on Dec the 12th.... Does anyone know if this may calm Tara down a bit, as most of you know she used to get along with every dog and not have a problem but she seems to have been a bit over sensitive recently Embarassed I know she has been through alot of changes so it could have been caused by all the changes, Just wondered if anyone noticed anything different with there girls after the op?? Oh and of course I sometimes cause Tara to be like this with being so stressed out most of the times and not relaxed Laughing Laughing

Claire
Corinne
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Claire

My friends dog Belle got down and i noticed a difference in her afterwards. Hope it works for Tara too Wink
geri carroll

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt notice any difference with orla

whenever i have walked with you and tara she has been very obedient

hope the op goes well when the time comes
tricia
Site Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Claire,
I have had two of my bitches spayed in the past, one was a rottie x boxer, but must say I didn't notice any change in their
characters.
I did notice a change in Bracken after she had her pups.... she is not very good with some dogs now, when she is on the lead. But she seems to be getting a bit better now...don't know if it is because Ruby(pup we kept) is getting older and she maybe feels a bit more relaxed again and not so protective.
Its early days for your Tara and I'm sure with a bit more time she will settle down again. Smile
Megan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got Rose done in August (or late July) and she has calmed down alot but that could also be her just growing up a bit more or it could be the new classes (started bringing her to Johns in September i think), But it is probably in part due to having her done. She's still Rose but she is calmer inside and outside(apart from at agility lol) and a lot more cuddly with us in the house.

Tara was fine with Rose the last time they were in class together (but that was a few weeks ago), She may just be a bit stressed and her hormones all over the place after having the pups? So she may take a couple of weeks to settle down again?... I know you said in another thread that she seems to not like collies anymore if you want we could meet up with Rose and see how she is as Rose don't care if another dog's barking at her and she's used to Rotties, and walk them together to see if it helps any??
Claire/Mark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Megan, thanks that might be a really good idea, or when you's are out here in group walks maybe if I could walk beside you and Rose, maybe it's just because I have think she doesn't like collies it's me that is causing the problem.... or prob is me causing the problem, Ill try and get out on one of the walks you and Rose are on and see how we get on... Thanks very much that's really nice of yous Smile
Jack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Claire, I think Megan's hit upon a great idea there walking your 2 together and I agree unknowingly you ARE probably tensing up in readiness for Tara to misbehave on walks which has the effect of inciting misbehaviour - whatever you do don't blame yourself for that, it's natural for you to be tense but try to project a relaxed energy & body language to Tara and she will follow suit.

I would say it IS her hormones causing much of this - that plus she will have gotten out of the habit of walking with you because of her pregnancy and then looking after the puppies.

Both my girls have been speyed and both, whilst STILL retaining all the character of Staffies HAVE chilled out considerably - I'd never use the term "calm" to describe ANY Staff, they remain for most of their lives full of boundless energy, fun and mischief - to me that's their charm - to others.....they find it blooming exhausting just to watch Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Health & Grooming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: