Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Revolting dog!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicola

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enid wrote:
Nicola wrote:
marcella wrote:
We had a dog that always did it and it was a NIGHTMARE to get her to stop. We would scream at her any time she as much as sniffed in the direction of one never mind get her chops around it. Even a stern leash correction at times wasn't enough to get her to stop trying for a bite!!!!!!!!!

Some dogs are just oh I swore awkward and pig headed like us humans!!!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Perhaps, Marcella....but I believe in most cases that if the dog is brought up properly from day 1, then this type of problem can be avoided.

If it can't be, then there is possibly something unstable about the dog, like hormonal imbalances, for example. It's a thought.

That's unfair, Nicola.

Jodie has been brought up properly "from day 1" and is a happy, healthy, loving dog.

I didn't say Jodie wasn't, Enid.

If she has, and she is still eating things she shouldn't after years of telling off when doing it, then I believe there an underlying issue that could be the cause of why she is doing it. Smile
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola,
dogs are not robots, they have individual traits and personalities. If a dog does not behave like a clone of what you want it to be it does not make it 'unstable

There are plenty of police, service ,guide dogs etc that are all brought up properly from day 1...some make it some do not.......

I have yet to come across a perfect dog..........there has not been and never will be a perfect dog.........despite being brought up properly.....whatever you believe that is.......
Nicola

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra wrote:
Nicola wrote:

Perhaps, Marcella....but I believe in most cases that if the dog is brought up properly from day 1, then this type of problem can be avoided.

If it can't be, then there is possibly something unstable about the dog, like hormonal imbalances, for example. It's a thought.

I am sure glad you aren't involved with children Nicola. If you applied those same 'beliefs' to kids I am sure half of them would be on medication or in detention centres by now.

So am I glad, Cassandra! Laughing

Dogs and children are a completely different species altogether, I did not once say that my beliefs should be applied to children aswell! Confused Wink
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I believe there to be something mentally wrong with the dog.

Nicola

If you are referring to Jodie, then you couldn't be more wrong. I think that remark is most unfair.
marcella

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway ........... don't dogs eat it for no reason other than they love the taste of it?????

Try removing chocolate (OK maybe I could have chosen better:lol: ) from my diet ........ I'd be trying to sneak some when I could!!!!
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to disagree there are many similarities between children and dogs particularly as babies.

They both require a loving warm environment, food, care and attention, reassurance and firm boundaries.

Humans are instinctively attracted to animals that they liken to their own species.
Nicola

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enid wrote:
Quote:
I believe there to be something mentally wrong with the dog.

Nicola

If you are referring to Jodie, then you couldn't be more wrong. I think that remark is most unfair.

I mean generally, really.......I think it would be worth checking out hormonal a fibroid levels...Just a thought! Sorry if it offended. Smile
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jodie has reached 11 years old and still eats it.......most likely she just likes the taste of sh1t.

dogs eh......always ready to embarrass and as a trainer don't I know it....... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nicola

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
If Jodie has reached 11 years old and still eats it.......most likely she just likes the taste of sh1t.
dogs eh......always ready to embarrass and as a trainer don't I know it....... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Obviously, John! Laughing But me, personally, would still find it concerning as it's not a pleasant habbit and I would want it stopped! Confused Wink
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Obviously, John! Laughing But me, personally, would still find it concerning as it's not a pleasant habbit and I would want it stopped! Confused Wink

And how exactly would you stop a 40Kilo GSD off leash eat sh1t? or even on leash?
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

And how exactly would you stop a 40Kilo GSD of leash eat sh1t? or even on leash?

Talk to it very severely?
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cassandra wrote:
Quote:

And how exactly would you stop a 40Kilo GSD of leash eat sh1t? or even on leash?

Talk to it very severely?

a clicker?
Deborah Hamilton
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:
John Thomson wrote:

Could it possibly be that us humans' think' it is a disgusting habit but dogs think it is perfectly acceptable in doggy world Confused
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deborah Hamilton wrote:
Nicola wrote:
John Thomson wrote:

Could it possibly be that us humans' think' it is a disgusting habit but dogs think it is perfectly acceptable in doggy world Confused

Well, all I can say is, if one of my dogs bolted off to find som oh I swore to eat, and wouldn't listen to me to come back, I would find that totally unacceptable.

Yes, most dogs are opportunist feeders, and they would probably eat until the are sick, and that is probably acceptable to dogs, but not to most owners. We don't allow them to eat until they are sick, do we?
Nicola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind a roll in mud, etc, but I draw the line at actually eating it! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: