Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
what a cutie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graceb
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlene hes a beauty. (thought u wanted a GSD) I couldnt resist having a look at the others at Milton and wish I hadnt, I pass by the RSPCA in Milton quite a lot on our walks.
Jack

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot depends upon whether they have ever been sighted and whether they are a bit stoopid to start with. My Rosie would stand no chance Laughing then again I already make so many allowances for her dumbness a few more wouldnt make much difference Very Happy

I also think if the dog has the right owners who have guided them correctly they'll learn quicker and be more cautious by nature therefore less prone to bumping into stuff and hurting themselves. If you're committed to this Charlene I have no doubt you'll help this boy become more aware of himself and his surroundings - if he's not already that way Smile

And I am sure John would thrive on the challenge of having such a dog in his classes - be completely fascinating to work with in my opinion Wink
charlene

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol aw poor rosie Laughing
yeah its definatly not a desision to be taken lightly, well ley u's all know if i phone or not lol, but hope he finds a fab loving homing and for the rest of the we cutties in there......i get so upset going onto these sites Sad

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's perfectly true about my Rosie. I adore her of course but she ain't ever gonna win any prizes for intelligence Very Happy

It's certainly not something you should enter into lightly so good on you for at least thinking about it. Keep us posted.

I can't ever look on those sites as I would want to rescue all of the dogs on there which is why I just looked at the boy you posted the link for then got the hell off Sad
Craig/Tracy
Site Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlene let us know how you get on, he is gorgeous

have you had a look on the german shepherd rescue scotland as there are also gorgeous gsd's waiting to be rehomed,only saying this as i thought you would like to take a look Wink
Dave Rowland

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just pointing out summin chaz as ur sooo young, if u got any things like a honeymoon of traveling the world (scotts sweating now) then perhaps after you done all the fun things get a dog to care for? or have u got parents or friends that will look after the dogs, i just think that sometimes you got to consider your own futures more then animals.
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Dave though I don't mind putting my furry babies first. I plan everything around them and sure sometimes it's not convenient but I wouldn't swap or change them and my life for the world Smile
Lorna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of good advice here.
Charlene, you need to know his background both medical and social. He may have developed coping strategies or not, but you will need to know before you consider taking him on.
As a collie he will need lots of exercise but you will need to keep him safe so running off lead might be a problem until you work out managing strategies. SSPCA should let you know what they have found successful.
I know you will be careful to make the right decision for all of you.
charlene

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had a long think about it last and decided im not going to phone Sad
me and scott sometimes go away for weekends snowboarding or visiting my dad down south, we either take tina with us or leave her with my mum so it wouldnt be fare on a blind dog being put into different surroundings with different people
maybe if i was completely settled and a bit older i would to help a dog like this but at the moment i think it would be to much for us and unfair on the dog Sad

hope he finds a loving home

thanks everyone for ur good advice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've obviously though this through carefully Charlene and gone with your head and not your heart. Completely the right thing to do in the circumstances.

I considered long and hard, agonised actually, a year or so ago whether to take on another Staff. I hadn't had it planned but me and this little boy just clicked we met when the local shelter was doing some fund raising. He has neurological issues, walked like a crab and fell over a lot but after much soul searching and mental re-arranging of furniture Mark & I decided we COULD accommodate him. I rang the shelter, found out all about him and decided - right home he would come and we'd see how we got on. Sadly for me someone beat me to it and he was rehomed the very day I was going to go and pick him up to a family without other dogs. I hope my little Toby jug found a forever home with that family and that they are giving him all that he deserves bless him, he was so so sweet. I still kick myself for agonising so long over my decision but it was obviously not meant to be.

Just as just now THIS isn't meant to be for you. Wink
charlene

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw thats so true.......whats for u wont go by u........ i think thats the saying Laughing

im sure the other family that got him will be taking great care of him Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charlene wrote:
aw thats so true.......whats for u wont go by u........ i think thats the saying Laughing

im sure the other family that got him will be taking great care of him Very Happy

They'd better be Charlene because if I ever found out that sweet little boy who needed such love and care wasn't looked after properly THIS would be me Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . I was truly gutted I didn't get Toby - much more upset than was reasonable Embarassed but I just fell completely in love with him. I did phone the shelter and leave both my landline and my moby and asked them to get in touch if he was ever returned to them. I've not heard anything from them so can only assume and HOPE that it all worked out for the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: