Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Sofa Chancer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emily
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiona wrote:
I know its wrong Embarassed but I love having them cuddle up to me on the couch and in the bed Embarassed I can see how some dogs might get the wrong idea but I can't help myself Embarassed

Sorry John it makes me happy more than the dogs I just can't make myself stop Embarassed

I'M SORRY........................... Crying or Very sad Laughing

Lol, is that you trying to get away with it, Fiona? Laughing
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three of the belt plus detention for you Fiona!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink Laughing Laughing
Cassandra
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see this is where cats win in the cuddle stakes.

Would never allow Ash up on the Sofa but the cats...try stoppin em lol
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats don't respond to pack order!!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a big sofa in the den where we all sit (very cosy). The dogs get down if one or other of us is eating.

They are not allowed on the sofas in the sitting room at any time.
Isabel
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="John Thomson"]
If he is stealing your seat it is perhaps because her sees himself as your equal or even your superior? it is not the warmth.........it is rank.

Doogle is easily superior to stuart!!!! Wink Laughing
marcella

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh Izzy ..........! Bet Doogle doesn't do Speedos though Wink
Isabel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiona wrote:
I know its wrong Embarassed but I love having them cuddle up to me on the couch and in the bed Embarassed I can see how some dogs might get the wrong idea but I can't help myself Embarassed

Sorry John it makes me happy more than the dogs I just can't make myself stop Embarassed

I know how you feel fiona, the dog I had when I was growing up slept on my bed and I loved it! Embarassed Going to miss cuddles with Doogle on the sofa. I'll have to sit on the floor with him! Laughing
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel wrote:
Fiona wrote:

I know how you feel fiona, the dog I had when I was growing up slept on my bed and I loved it! Embarassed Going to miss cuddles with Doogle on the sofa. I'll have to sit on the floor with him! Laughing

If he's in no way dominant towards you or anyone in your household, why not just let him up on the sofa?

We're meant to enjoy our dogs, and I love having them on the sofa with me, and they love it too.

If my dogs were in any way dominant towards me or my grandparents, then they wouldn't be allowed up, but they aren't at all dominant. They know their place.

I also have fleece throws that I put on over my bed for them. They don't sleep there at night though, and never have done.

Molly also has a day bed in my bedroom!

Roxy has her own bed in the living room. Molly sleeps on a pillow on the sofa with a small Winnie the Pooh pillow for her head. It works perfectly well for all of us. Occasionally Roxy will get up beside Molly and they'll be snuggled up together on the pillow! Most of the time she stays in her bed.
StuartW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabel wrote:

Doogle is easily superior to stuart!!!! Wink Laughing

Jeez.. can't turn my back for a second! Laughing
Janice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I end up on the floor with Dale. How silly is that Embarassed
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janice wrote:
I end up on the floor with Dale. How silly is that Embarassed

Hmmm....just invite him up beside you, Janice! Much more comfortable! Very Happy Laughing
kendal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mum has always let her dogs on the sofa, but we are stopping it with our two more because of Innes (three year old brother) than the dogs, he keeps pulling the covers off the sofa and mum is tiered of cleaning dirty paw marks off her cream leather sofa.

they have always known there place and would follow you out of the room rather than take you place, in fact they never sat where we sit even if we weren't there to begin with.
our two come up on or beds but are crated at night.

Janice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we had Paddy - Irish setter -I used to let him come up to bed but he pushed me out. He yawned and stretched so I'd move over and eventually run out of bed. Then mum came to stay for a bit after my father died and I came home to find she was pinned to the bed. She wasn't very sure of dogs and and he knew it so every time she tried to move he'd show off his teeth. The other trouble was the way he climbed into our bed if we were out. He'd arrange the duvet just the way he liked it.
There's no chance of Dale getting away with that sort of thing. Been there done that got the tee shirt Laughing Laughing
Lindy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to let Dora on the sofa until it became apparent that she thought she was the boss of the house and wanted me to do what she wanted, it was pretty slow and if I hadhn't known any better I might not have noticed the little things she done to get up the ranks, she started on the couch then on top of the couch then up at the window ledge then she waould constanly ask to get outside to play even 20 mins after a 2 hr walk and she would persist with it until I went to bed. So for me it was essential to regain the top ranks in the house as Dora was starting to ignore me outside and I was putting her at risk on walks. Now i can see how many people would not notice this behaviour and think it's ok for the dog to be on the couch and barking at everything that passes the house and that they must be really clever to ask to go outside but I realised it was not cute but her being dominante. Now I have changed things at home and she is no longer allowed on the couch, and I ignored the asking to get out and I dictated the times we went out. this has worked a treat and Dora no knows her place in my house, now I will occasionally bring her on my knoee for a cuddle but only when I want and never when she asks. If i'm busy, guest or need a bit of peace they now go into there crates and are quiet as buttons and very happy. As a result I have two very happy dogs and a very happy house. I can't recomend this apporach enough if you are finding your dog is dictating thngs i the house.

Lindy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: