Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Change of plan . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emma Hardie

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Change of plan . . Reply with quote

There certainly has been!
We were all set to get our little Northern Inuit pup, but due to a change in circumstances we feel that we cant provide for another large breed dog at the moment Rolling Eyes
so we are now getting a Chihuahua pup, met her today at 2 weeks old, absolutely beautiful, not one of your 'teacup' ones, a nice healthy one!
So another 6 weeks and she will be with us.
Hopefully our northern inuit will join us in another year or so when we are back on track.
wonder what people will think of us out walking the 3 big dogs and the midget Laughing

Emma, KT the greyhound, Robbie the lurcher, Pheonix (Pisces) & Soho (Stuart Little Junior) the Chihuahuas x
greyhounds make greyt pets! x
www.gal.org.uk
Lisa/Colin
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have had a couple of strange looks when walking Hektor (a Great dane) and Giles, my brothers' cavvy!

The thing I most worry about is Hek squashing wee Giles but Hek is really still a pup (in his head at least).

good luck with your midget Laughing
cant wait to see pics!

Lisa
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lisa...we need some pics Smile

john
Louise13
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the state of the health and issues with the NI at the minute I think you have made a better choice

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats right, I only heard about the health issues of NIs about a week ago, and that helped make my decision a little easier Smile

I will get pics up as soon as I get some Very Happy

Emma, KT the greyhound, Robbie the lurcher, Pheonix (Pisces) & Soho (Stuart Little Junior) the Chihuahuas x
www.gal.org.uk
Jack

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma, I'm with Louise on this. I have heard and read many disturbing things of late regarding the breeding practices of some people. Others appear to be doing all they can to TRY and set things right and improve the health and well being of the dogs but they are up against some pretty determined and in some instances nasty people. IF you go ahead at ANY stage in the future please do VERY thorough research first and if you're at all concerned then walk away.

Best of luck with the little Chihuahua, look forward to seeing the pics Cool
Emma Hardie

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack wrote:
Emma, I'm with Louise on this. I have heard and read many disturbing things of late regarding the breeding practices of some people. Others appear to be doing all they can to TRY and set things right and improve the health and well being of the dogs but they are up against some pretty determined and in some instances nasty people. IF you go ahead at ANY stage in the future please do VERY thorough research first and if you're at all concerned then walk away.

Best of luck with the little Chihuahua, look forward to seeing the pics Cool

Your right - the breeder I was going to get my NI from was a good one thankfully, parents health tested etc
If I do go ahead in the future, I'll be very careful however, as breeding practices usually get worse and worse as a breed becomes more established and saught after, unfortunately Sad

But all the small dog owners I've met have told me, once you have a small one you'll always have a small one!
I've always been into big dogs, but this is probably true - besides, you can have more small dogs + still have room in the house Laughing
But greyhounds are always gonna be a must in my house Wink

www.gal.org.uk
Jack

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the same with Staffies Emma. There'll always be at least one in my home and heart. I ADORE them! xxx
Josephine

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Emma, how wonderful! Are she by any chance from Vivian Silverstein in Cambuslang? I so much want a chihuahua and was all set to go and choose one on Monday last week but my sister and my mum were both dead set against it and as I rely on them to take care of Barney and Meg if I have to go away or go into hospital etc I couldn't go through with it and they both said it would upset Barney and Meg and Bubbles a lot but I don't know. I think I could have made it work. If you are getting yours from this lady do you know if she has any left? I'm getting broody again! Have you got any pics of your new baby? Please share if you have. Did you take a camera with you? Bet you can't wait till the middle of June!
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
kerry

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh what problems are the NI having? i know i keep coming across people breding a GSD with a malumute and saying they have inuit puppies for sale.
Louise13
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NI is not a breed..and IMO will never be a breed..

The very basis of the breed is not known..all the pedigrees kept are all lies..dogs names have been changed, pedigrees made up, there are instances of VWD, HD, HC and epilepsy in the NI, The person who is supposed to be the be all end all of the breed has dog and reptile cruelty charges against her..(sorry don't know about anyone else but I have no respect for someone like this and to have her running the NIS is a joke)

The health tests are few and far between and due to the lies in the pedigree and all the name changes you could be breeding father to mother and not actually knowing..

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the health defects have been very very severe and the animals can be in excrutiating pain often losing their lives very very young as a result.

And don't even get me started on the breeding practices of SOME. Think puppy farms x 10 and you have the general idea. Many of the alleged NI may look healthy in their litters but due to the dubious record keeping practices only partially discovered by a few willing to TRY and put things right you can never be sure just what you are getting and whether the parents or indeed the litter started off life in said puppy farm or similar.
I'll be no more specific - sorry - because I don't want to name names on here out of respect for John & his forums' integrity but I would suggest you dig A LOT deeper into this. If you are happy with what you find then so be it but I wouldn't be Sad

I think you are far better off with the chihuahua....or even a Staffie Wink
Emma Hardie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josephine wrote:
Oh Emma, how wonderful! Are she by any chance from Vivian Silverstein in Cambuslang? I so much want a chihuahua and was all set to go and choose one on Monday last week but my sister and my mum were both dead set against it and as I rely on them to take care of Barney and Meg if I have to go away or go into hospital etc I couldn't go through with it and they both said it would upset Barney and Meg and Bubbles a lot but I don't know. I think I could have made it work. If you are getting yours from this lady do you know if she has any left? I'm getting broody again! Have you got any pics of your new baby? Please share if you have. Did you take a camera with you? Bet you can't wait till the middle of June!

Yes, she's from Vivian and she's just heaven, i've gone all gaga over her + she's only 3 weeks old Very Happy I'm afraid all the pups are taken, but one of her other girls may be pregnant Smile
I'm doing a dog trainer instructors course with Vivian at the moment, and she turned me away from NIs because she told me the truth about them, just because they look nice doesnt mean you should pay so much for a mongrel, basically.
But as soon as I saw her pack of chi's I was smitten, anyway!
I've not got any pictures as yet, but I shall put them up as soon as I get any - its a 5 week wait till she comes home, but I get to see her 4 times a week on my course so its not too bad Laughing

Thanks for the extra info about NIs guys, I honestly didn't know the situation was that bad Surprised
I'm already planning for another small dog in a years time instead of an NI because I've always said no matter how much I like the breed, if a breed isnt healthy, I wont get one.
Now, if only I could decide on a name. . .

www.gal.org.uk
Josephine

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, if only I could decide on a name. . .

Mine are going to be called Candy or Pippa and Pepito - Pepe for short when I get them. Yes, I intend to have two in the future, a boy and a girl. Wish I knew if Barney would accept it now. Rolling Eyes You're so lucky to be getting one. Smile
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Emma Hardie

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw cute names Very Happy
surely you wont have to wait too long . .

I'm thining of staying with the name vivian gave her at birth, Pisces, cause its my star sign + she has a fish shaped marking on her head Laughing

www.gal.org.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: