Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Toys
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janice
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Toys Reply with quote

I was looking at all the different toys in Pets at Home and wondered what every ones favouites were. As far as Dale goes I think the best value has been pound shop tennis balls and a 60p child's ball that's almost too big for his mouth. He's also got a solid rubber dumb bell that 's lasting well but squeaky toys seem to die very quickly. He even managed to chew a hole in his wiggly giggly ball and I only let him have it when i was there Sad
marcella

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought our two Orbee balls at christmas.
Bought them here: http://www.thedogweb.co.uk/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=orbee&osCsid=9aacfc4de0407534dd30b1d85cfcdc5c&search_in_description=1

they have NOT been torn apart and that is amazing for my two!!!!!

Bought them a few different ones! Very Happy
kerry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koda loves his squeaky bone, but he acts weird when playing with it, he starts to cry then a Small howl starts to get louder when we squeak it. but when he plays with it he crys?? but loves playing with it at the same time. strange.
Fiona

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star loves soft toys like teddy's he had a sheep called Bah for ages but unfortunately I found Bah dead in the garden last night, stuffing ripped right out of him! Crying or Very sad Laughing
Sheryl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keano doesn't get toys or bones coz thats when he gets aggressive-only time he gets them is when one is in living room one in kitchen!
cobys favorite toy is his blanky! He hides and wrestles with it and once hes done playing he goes to sleep in it!!
xx
Suzanne H

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otto's favourite toy are plant pots!

He likes his tennis ball and anything he can chew basically as his teeth are coming in. And furry things that squeak.

I keep some toys back which he only gets to play with in the house with us - a duck that honks and a horrible purple chewed cuddly toy.We hide them and he finds them.
Suzanne St
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katies is a furry pig she will play with it for a wile then hide it from the other dogs. Mya loves her Kongs. She can be funny with it hiding in the grass and pop her head up to see if we are still there
Magz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila only learned how to play last year, she likes a tennis ball or her Frisbee, Kiera likes her squeaky chicken, her cuddly dog for in the crate(has since been beheaded) a burst football in the garden and a collection of toy bones to chew so far with them there isn't a favourite. I keep all the toys in a box and she can take them out when it is playtime, but all go back in when we wish her to be calm. But we do keep a bone on hand to prevent chewing of hands or ankles, this works really well. Very Happy Very Happy
Lindy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

balls on rops, pink dinosaur, mini football, mini rugby ball, pants and socks, each other the list is endless i do keep them in a box and only give them toys when it's play time and they have a cuddly toy in their beds, oh and i don't give them pants and socks they steal them from the washing basket when they get the chance Laughing Laughing
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my two.........a ball on a string..it makes it easier to get back from the dog without a fight.
The Orbee on a string floats,glows in the dark and is flavoured with pepermint........which does not dissapear with time Confused aAnd seems impossible to destroy Shocked
kerry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that orbee looks great, think i might get one for Koda. His friends across the stret destroyed his last ball in seconds, so hopfully he can play with them and still be in one piece Smile Oh do you have any ides why Koda starts to cry when playing with his bone??
Janice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale's real favourite is a Kong Wubba. He only gets it when he's been very good or I'm very desperate. It squeaks so it gets his attention when he's off lead and he loves it so much that he'll carry it home instead of biting the lead in protest Laughing
I'm sure I'm keeping a dog toy factory going. I used to think old shoes and cardboard tubes were fine Embarassed The Orbee ball sounds good. I'll put it on his Christmas list.
shirley c

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misty's favourite is her duck but she loved the screaming monkey I got from America, they all loved it, but it got destroyed over the years and I have never got round to ordering another.

Pixel likes soft toys best too, in fact again they all do, 'cept Scooby he doesnt do toys Rolling Eyes
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerry wrote:
that orbee looks great, think i might get one for Koda. His friends across the stret destroyed his last ball in seconds, so hopfully he can play with them and still be in one piece Smile Oh do you have any ides why Koda starts to cry when playing with his bone??

The Orbee is nigh on indestructable.....but there will probably be an exception We have had ours over 8 monthe with no damage.

Paul is it an exited cry or contented?
kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodges fav toy is Bob Sad - he pesters the hell out of him.

when Dodge is bored, Bob better look out - he will swipe at him, chew his legs, bring any toy into the room and drop it on top of Bobs head. Poor Bob, he ignores him mostly, occasionally takes the bait or at times, gets fed up and just puts his firmly in his place.

But those orbie balls look great. My two burst a tennis ball in two seconds flat. They both love the softer sponge ball that you get for dogs, but they cost a fortune for a pack of 3 and Bob destructs them in seconds as well. We use these with a throwing arm, they go for miles and the dogs just love to chase them.

Can you get the orbie balls in our pet shops
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: