Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Cesar Milan UK tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve young
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not knocking those who are keen to see him by the way.

I just spent £40 x 2 to see Muse at the SECC. got a 100 minute set of amazing songs that took a lot of time, effort and creativity to write/compose and the most amazing stage show that must have cost an absoute fortune to produce. Ticket price justified.

Same to see many other acts including Foo Fighters and the legend that is Brian Wilson (which were £60+ x2)

Theatre shows take a lot of time and money to put together. Everything from the set design to the casts wages to renting the theatres etc. Cost justified.

I love seeing comedy. The time and effort it takes to come up with material to make hundreds laugh live is immense and terrifying. Justified.

My question remains, what is Cesar going to do to justify that kind of ticket price? Is he just going to go on stage an tell dogs to sit and stay? Is he going to make them jump through hoops of fire (doubt it)? Does he have a huge cast to pay? Will he have an impressive light and stage show? Probably not. Will you get a signed copy of a book or poster at no extra cost? Is he just going to appear, wave and thank everyone for their money and tell you to stay calm and assertive? Smile

What is he going to do and how long is he going to do it?

Is a large portion of the ticket price going to charity? Probably not unless clearly stated. It'll be going in Cesars back pocket. If I was giving to charity anyway I'd donate closer to home and help dogs on my own doorstep.

Cesar's a talented dog trainer who got lucky having celeb clients who helped raise his profile. He doesn't come up with new and creative ways to entertain. He provides a useful service to help train our dogs. That's all.

Aye Janis, we've not been well. Norovirus! Awful. Sams uncle was up Saturday and was sick all over the house. We got it next day. V violent sickness etc. Sams barely eaten for 2 days. V worrying, but on the mend now. She lost a lot of weight too. Called NHS 24 at 3am and everything! Still, better we get it now than in a few weeks when they arrive!
Pictures Videos
Dave Rowland
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i question what he would do... i guess it will be a lecture.. lol.

we have one local theatre (well two at 30miles) and few cinemas here, nothing much comes down here and they would be at 50 or 100 miles from here, it costs a lot of money to go and see something and tickets are normally well sold out quickly for the small venues, not like you lot who have SECC etc nearby
Janis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve young wrote:
Not knocking those who are keen to see him by the way.

I just spent £40 x 2 to see Muse at the SECC. got a 100 minute set of amazing songs that took a lot of time, effort and creativity to write/compose and the most amazing stage show that must have cost an absoute fortune to produce. Ticket price justified.

Same to see many other acts including Foo Fighters and the legend that is Brian Wilson (which were £60+ x2)

Theatre shows take a lot of time and money to put together. Everything from the set design to the casts wages to renting the theatres etc. Cost justified.

I love seeing comedy. The time and effort it takes to come up with material to make hundreds laugh live is immense and terrifying. Justified.

My question remains, what is Cesar going to do to justify that kind of ticket price? Is he just going to go on stage an tell dogs to sit and stay? Is he going to make them jump through hoops of fire (doubt it)? Does he have a huge cast to pay? Will he have an impressive light and stage show? Probably not. Will you get a signed copy of a book or poster at no extra cost? Is he just going to appear, wave and thank everyone for their money and tell you to stay calm and assertive? Smile

What is he going to do and how long is he going to do ?it
Is a large portion of the ticket price going to charity? Probably not unless clearly stated. It'll be going in Cesars back pocket. If I was giving to charity anyway I'd donate closer to home and help dogs on my own doorstep.

Cesar's a talented dog trainer who got lucky having celeb clients who helped raise his profile. He doesn't come up with new and creative ways to entertain. He provides a useful service to help train our dogs. That's all.

Aye Janis, we've not been well. Norovirus! Awful. Sams uncle was up Saturday and was sick all over the house. We got it next day. V violent sickness etc. Sams barely eaten for 2 days. V worrying, but on the mend now. She lost a lot of weight too. Called NHS 24 at 3am and everything! Still, better we get it now than in a few weeks when they arrive!

i have no idea.....but i am prepared to pay my money and go and see!.....i look upon it as a night out with friends who share my interest, listening to a chap who i have great interest in and see him for myself in the flesh and not edited on a half hour programme!

as for your health situation i am sorry to hear you've all been horribly sick!......i too called nhs24 for my youngest but just over a very high temp but i know how worrying it can be!
take care!
kendal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

no idea what is going to happen but it should be interesting

Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janis wrote:

i have no idea.....but i am prepared to pay my money and go and see!.....i look upon it as a night out with friends who share my interest, listening to a chap who i have great interest in and see him for myself in the flesh and not edited on a half hour programme!

I agree Janis! I know the tickets are pricey but EVERY show you want to see these days costs about the same. We've incorporated the tickets into our Christmas list, thats my Mum, Colin and me taken care of! To each their own, for myself...I havent been this excited about a night out since I went to see WHAM! in the 80's Laughing (SADDO!)

Now....if only I could smuggle Hek in to get sorted!!

Lisa
kendal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa/Colin wrote:

Now....if only I could smuggle Hek in to get sorted!!

Lisa

lol you could always try this lol

fast forward to 2:50

Link

steve young
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Truth be told I think all you women just fancy the wee guy!

Don't be throwing any underwear or dog leads on the stage now Wink Stay calm and controlled:)
Pictures Videos
Dave Rowland

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve young wrote:
Fair enough. Truth be told I think all you women just fancy the wee guy!

Don't be throwing any underwear or dog leads on the stage now Wink Stay calm and controlled:)

i think ur right there steve
Janis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing you've got to be joking steve!.....he really ain't my style.....now if it were gerri butler.....then i would pay the £90 and ask how much for extras!

nah he is a clever man but as far as attractiveness goes he doesn't pull this bitch!!!!!
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not for me either! Hektor would be the only item I'd want thrown at the stage and you'd need to be a pro wrestler to do it!

Tickets came today in post - superquick!! Laughing

Lisa
Janis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah my tickets came through today too......i'm impressed!.....was told i could get them about a month before the event!!!!
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my tickets booked Very Happy

john
Ross/Ali

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have anyone here been in contact with the show organisers about getting their dog on stage?
if so, have you had any response?

just curious...
Maxxy&Kirstin&Oll
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to go see Cesar Millan, how much were your tickets? x
Lisa/Colin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were £44 each. Was on the website a couple of weeks ago and they still had some available.

www.ticketsoup.com

Sunday 14th March

Lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: