Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
A GREAT LOSS PLEASE HELP!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: A GREAT LOSS PLEASE HELP!! Reply with quote

Unfortunately just before Christmas my friend was murdered in a night club in Darlington. He was a Scots Guard who had literally just finished his training the day before and was going out to Afghanistan after new year. However when he went with friends to celebrate finishing his training to the nightclub some boys came in and started a fight resulting in my friend receiving a blow to the head and after an operation on his brain ended up on life support for a number of days, it was decided that he would not recover and the machines were turned off. Guardsman Andrew Gibson (19) went to heaven with his parents at his bedside.
Andrews funeral is on Friday 22nd and instead of sending flowers his family are trying to raise money for soldiers coming back from the war who have post traumatic stress disorder, have lost limbs or are just needing help being part of normal society again. The donation will be given to the army on Friday and I would like to ask you all if you would mind making a contribution at this at Thursdays dog training it can be as little or as much as you can afford and is to a very good cause.

There will be an envelope for donations in the foyer at class if anybody has any questions about this feel free to PM me. on behalf of Andrews family and myself I would like to thank you in advance.

Michael Keane
Alan and Lynsey
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear this mate, myself and Lynsey will be happy to help out with a donation.

heaven has gain a true hero, our thoughts are with his friends and family at the truly hard time.

cheers,
Alan and Lynsey.
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really sad.........read this in the news.

John
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys
shirley c
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM ing you
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to thank everyone for their generous donations. The family were very grateful and would also like to extend their gratitude.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: