Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
"Control unleashed"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: "Control unleashed"? Reply with quote

Hey theres a book Ive found which is designed to aid training off leash which is what im trying to achieve with Muffy just now. Has anyone read the book or heard of anyone who has and if it was beneficial?

Heres the books review.

"If you’re thinking about picking up a copy of Leslie McDevitt’s book, “Conrol Unleashed” I thought you might want to know what I thought of her book…

Simply put, if you have a dog who does not ALWAYS obey you, Control Unleashed gives you REAL, strategies for getting your dog to focus and obey in situations where he normally might fly off his hinges, get overly excited or is simply uncontrollable.

The training strategies, or what she calls, “Games”, are unique, and easy to use… and you certainly won’t find them in any other of the top 10 books on dog training at Amazon or your local book store. I personally found her “Look at That” game a simple to teach game that really helped my own dog to remain much more calm when out and about in public places — even when aggressive dogs violently lunge at him through fences on walks.

I recommend Control Unleashed to EVERY dog owner I talk to!

However, I thought you should know what this book WON’T teach you…

Control Unleashed does not go into detail on how to teach your dog basic obedience skills (which is fine ‘cuz it never claims to be that kind of book). Instead it does what no other books talk about and shows you what to do IMMEDIATELY after you’ve trained your dog basic obedience skills — so you don’t end up with a dog that KNOWS basic obedience commands but never feels like obeying them

So when you pick up the book, don’t expect to find tips on puppy potty training or how to stop leash pulling — it’s NOT that kind of book.

If you’re looking for beginner training tips you might want to first pick up another basic obedience course, like my “Hands Off Dog Training” program for example… teach your dog the basic obedience skills, and THEN go through Leslie McDevitt’s Control Unleashed book to give you that Dream Dog you’ve always wanted.

But if you’re NOT a beginner… just do yourself a favor and pick up the book & DVD she offers immediately.

Leslie wrote Control Unleashed to help her advanced students with having more control for agility, and sport competitions. So the dogs would be less nervous and more responsive while doing competitions, and gives PLENTY of examples that will satisfy even the most advanced dog trainers appetite for knowledge."

Heres whats in the book

I cant tell if it is worth the paper its written on, theres a few videos on youtube that look pretty good saying that, its called the CU method...

Sorry for the really long post (it seems to be my specialty Neutral )but wanted to see what peoples thoughts on it were, and if they thought it was worth a shot?

Thanks

Laura
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.positiveanimalsolutions.co.uk/cul.html

found it here a bit cheaper and in stock!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Training Classes, Obedience & Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: