Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Tia .....back to normal...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Tia .....back to normal...!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

You will be glad to know that................

Tia " leave it" "no that`s not yours" "dirty" "drop it" ...right that's it your going in a pot of soup McLeod is back to normal after her first bout of diarrhea...... we are on the start of week three of her season and she has been great looking after and cleaning herself, ( although she has been trying to flash her fa fa under the gate ) but we have kept a close eye on her at all times and kept the garden as scent free as possible so we have not had any unwelcome visitors.

Looking forward to getting out and about again.

Lisa/Colin
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats good, not long to go now. Millie's season lasted just over 3 weeks but I kept her on lead (on my Vet nurse pals advice) for just over 4 just to be sure!

Millie will be getting spayed at the end of August so we dont have to go through it again (though it wasnt really a problem...worst bit was her flirting through the fence at next door's dog Sam! Laughing )

Lisa
kendal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahah that has got to be the longest nick name ever. lol glad she is feeling better.

oh i for got to ask how did she do when you had the BBQ a couple of weeks ago.

alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Yeah Lisa she was a flirt before her season but she has got worse and I try and keep her on leash any way, I am still working on my confidence with her being off leash.

We are having chats at home about getting her spayed, as Susan thinks it would be good to let her have a litter when she is about 2, as she is such a good tempered staffy and would make a great Mum, but I don't know if my nerves could take it ....I worry sick about her if she has the slightest wee cough.............

John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be sooooooooo difficult to sell the pups though...........

john
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Smile

Glad to hear Tia is getting there Very Happy Totts was roughly two weeks and we kept her in for 3 and a half weeks. About a week after she stopped showing her as you say "fa fa" :p to anything that moved. Poor little tyke went into phantom few weeks later, after seing her in phantom i know i could never let her have puppies Sad I have thought about it a few times but I couldnt imagine giving the pups away myself and after seing how distressed she was just when her mind was playing games on her dont think i could put her through the real thing. Plus I dont think she recovered well from previously having pups she is constantly swollen and her nip naps wont settle either (although that might just be the way she is).

But every dog is different I know Breagha and Balach were great parents, i dont think little Totts is mentally capable of having pups. If your thinking of letting her have pups your best speaking to a few people who have done it themselves and see how they got on pros and cos etc Very Happy
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the replies..............

Keep them coming its all good ammunition that I will be showing to Susan later........

Cheers

alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Kendal, missed that line at the bottom,...........

She was fantastic at the BBQ , everyone loved her and she behaved, even my sister who (allegedly) doesn't like dogs was caught giving her a cuddle.

I kept her on the leash and just brought her in and out all day, at the end of the night when there was just a couple of grown ups ( ???) left, we let her out in the garden off leash and she just lay at our feet watching what was going on....

kendal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also the expense to consider, health tests, getting the pups checked at the vets, insurance for the pups leaving for their new homes, their first (possibly second) vaccinations. any complications if a pup gets stuck or she needs a C section your insurance wont cover that. finding the rite stud, stud fees.

then vetting the homes they go to, im guessing you know you will get some people asking for a pup who you will just know want it for the wrong reasons, considering the breed. how do you know the person you pick is the best home for them.

can you imagine at least 4-6+ staff puppy's with their little puppy jaws all over your furnisher lol all puppy's like to chew but you know yourself that Staffs like to chew a lot and car get through tough things quick.

its a lot to consider

lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad she's doing bit better. I agree with what everyone says. Just make sure u have think about the good and bad sides before going ahead with things....plenty of time to think about it tho, she's just a baby!
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI

Well that's week 3 over !!!! going to keep an eye on her for another week to be sure, will hopefully be able to come on walks from next weekend. She has been great and .........................after 23 years I have finally got my own way ( put my foot down with a heavy hand LOL) and we are going to get her dressed ( there is enough unwanted, unloved dogs in the world)
How much does it cost these days ? and does any one recommend a good vet, we are going to go up to our vet (Lawrie ) in a couple of weeks and have a chat about it with them, Tia needs her nails clipped anyway.

Alice

lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear shes getting there.....it seems much longer than 3 weeks tho!!! at least with getting her dressed, u wont have to go through all this again! she'll be back to her normal self enjoying the walks in no time!
Margaret

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had Lucy done in April it was £130 something, but I remember they said it depended on size (and she was definitely small!).
Don't forget to buy a collar, as I then got charged £10 for a totally useless one. This was the Condorrat surgery. Only problem was her stitches all loosened (it def wasn't Lucy as she couldn't get near them) and then got an infection and needed antibiotics. However they didn't charge any more for this, it was just a nuisance as it dragged on for a few weeks. So not sure if I would recommend them.
Hope this helps.
kendal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our three were all done at Condorrat vets, cant remember how much though. both Inca and Echo got little infections but for different reasons, Inca used to use the bust er collar to scratch her stitches, or would catch it on the top stitch and lick the rest. where as Echos stitches were a little to tite.

will Tia not let you clip her nails, most of her nails would be white because of her colour so you will be able to see the quick so you dont cut it.

alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kendal,

Yeah she would let us do it, but we are not so sure and don`t want to risk it.

Alice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: