Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Tia .....back to normal...!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moira Lawson

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Vet Fees Reply with quote

Hi, the best vet I ever found was Jimmy Jackson from Balfron, and the most reasonably priced too. We used him initially for the horses and he managed things on the yard (cheaply) that other vets asked us to go to the Vet college for at huge expense. (xrays etc) So we started using he and his wife for all of our animals.

On the sad day I had to help Tessa ( my black Lab )to sleep for cancer, Jimmy and his wife had discussed it and told me I would be better having my German Shepherd Heidi go to sleep also as she had Gyn and CNS problem and that they felt it would be cruel to let her deal with bereavement and be facing the same thing with her within the year.

On the dreadful day Jimmy brought his father with him. He asked me to make tea and gave my precious pair time to relax and calm down then gave them a jag in the Ruff and sat with another cup of tea until they fell asleep. Only then did he put them to sleep.
I have yet to find another vet with his sensitivity and genuine desire to help our animals, large or small.

For all of this care he charged nearly HALF what the Kirkintilloch Main St vet did for putting a colleagues single dog to sleep. and he was taken to the surgery and right out of his comfort zone.

Good luck with the speying. Hope Balfron is not too far away for you and that he's still there.

Regards
Moira & Glen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: