Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Any thoughts?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Any thoughts? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Need some preferences and views from as many people as poss Smile
Im running another charity stall for Oldies Club but this time Im organizing it myself *gulp*! Anyway, I was thinking of ways to try draw crowds into the stall then realized I had a whole forum of doggy lovers. So what would draw you guys in and make u’z want to spend your hard earned cash Very Happy Laughing

I was thinking of possibly doing two tombolas, one with doggy prizes and one with owner prizes since on the last stall I was on there was a lot of people who didn’t own dogs and were disappointed with a doggy prize. But I don’t know if one would be more popular than the other then there’s a whole loads of prizes left at the end Sad What would make uz want to put in for the tombola, any certain prizes?

Im trying to organize one of the dogs needing re-homing (ben a lovely springer spaniel) to come up for the day to see if we can draw some interest in finding him a forever home since so many people were wanting to rehome or buy my Totts! :O I’ll have the usual posters, banners and Oldies stock but what I was thinking was taking some of the stories of the dogs available for re-homing and put them on a board for people to read so people see the “real” side of the club. Was going to do a wee speal about Muffin too so people can see there’s still life in an older dog. Do you’s think Id be wasting my time, as people at shows aren’t interested or don’t have the time?

Was thinking of possibly doing some form of guess the weight and possibly face painting too?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Oh and for those interested its Dogs Trust West Calder the event it, 22nd August Very Happy

(sorry for yet another essay!)
Anne F

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laura Anne

I have always found Tombola stalls very popular ad fetes etc

A 'bottle 'tombola stall is also very good ANY BOTTLE PRIZE ( from tomato sauce to vinegar to juice to alcohol ) usually go's well too

I'm sure I could find you some donations for either let me know what you decide and I will bring my donations to class before the day Smile

Guess the sweets in the jar or gravy bones if you want it dog themed is also quite popular or guess the weight of the cake or dumpling too
also you could have guess the name of the doll or dog if you can get a dressed doll or soft dog as a prize in time

hope all goes well
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Why don`t you get all us dog club peeps to bring in all our never used puppy leashes, coats,beds ect and even unused Christmas pressies... and I am sure we would`nt mind donating the odd bottle...

Let us know

Alice and Susan

Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww guys you's really dont need to. Thank you soo much for the offer but, it means a lot. I was just going to pop down to poundland and grab as much "decent" stuff as i can afford and try get some larger presents on ebay or something.

Really appreciate your offer guys, would feel bad taking things from u'z but.
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ya

Support given from oldies to oldies..................... but we will still be donating a bottle for the stall........no matter what you say................... it will be from Tia - There could be a clue in the name there ..................

Alice and Susan

Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thank you so much guys really appreciate it.
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll give you a few bits too!
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Laura,

as you know I make signs for a living so if you want to design a banner for your stall I will be happy to print it for you.

John
Anne F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again

Don't e daft instead of you spending money which you could put to the cause let us 'as a group' stock your stall I have been telling girls in my work and they too are happy to donate to bottle stall or general tombola

Is there a baking stall ?
Jim & Geraldine
Site Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would donate too.
Margaret J
Site Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy yep happy to donate just tell me when you need it for Laughing Laughing
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys you are all far too generous, I really do appreciate it so much : ) To be honest Anne I hadn’t really thought about a cake sale, my housewife skills are very questionable! Lol But then there’s also trying to staff the stall, we were mobbed with just a tombola and airfresheners! Lol. But the more we can raise the better, if that has been a good success on your stalls I’ll give it a go. Anne you seem to have a lot of experience with these stalls, how am I best to play it? Having one big tombola of one item, having a big tombola with various or having separate tombolas (General, Bottle, Dog)? I’ll be trying my hand at making some liver cake and dog biscuits as well as selling some oldies merchandise so could probably put cakes along side this. I could possibly have 9 people on the stall including myself so im thinking I could have 4 people working entirely on the tombola(s) 2 people on cakes (human and dog lol) 1 on oldies merchandise which isn’t very high demand to be fair, 1 on guess the weight and guess the breed and another for spreading the word of oldies.

The Gala day is on the 22nd so have a few training days before then. Honestly guys thank you so much, never expected anything like this I just wanted to know if my ideas were kak lol!

John, spoke with oldies last night, they say they have just printed off a new batch of banners and they’ll send one up to me (don’t know how good quality they’ll be but ah well) Thank you so much for the offer again I really do appreciate it. If you want to print a smaller banner/poster just saying all Tombola items donated through Cumbernauld Dog Club with you company ref at the bottom I’d be more than happy to put it on the stall somewhere for a bit of publicity for the club as well.
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What r u needing for tombola?? I'll try and pop by one Sunday with alf for a wee visit and drop something off??
Margaret J
Site Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will prob have to check with the organisers if you are allowed home baking as we had a home baking stall at a fete last year fund raising for the kids choir and we had to remove it as we where required to have a food hygiene license Sad Sad and it had to be prepared in a professional kitchen Sad Sad

just in case you go to a lot of trouble baking and then are not allowed on !!!!
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think margaret has a valid point......gone are the days when cake and candy stalls are just that and simple!....check it out anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: