Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Ben Lomond!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Pictures of Our Pets and Our Walks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Ben Lomond! Reply with quote

So today was the day of Ben Lomond and true to form my friends planning to climb Ben Nevis pulled out, wouldn't answer phones etc which was the reason for not doing meikle bin. I decided (i know very stupidly) that after setting myself up to do it, I was doing it whether the others did or not so after a lot of waiting around went to climb it myself.

How much did I under estimate Ben Lomond, much harder than i thought especially climbing in the mid day sun. We managed to climb past the fall summit up to the next climb heading to he summit before I decided it was too late to continue. It took us around 3 hours 20 mins to climb, an hour 20 back down. The climb was very tough (as a lot of you know) especially being my first experience hill climbing. Came away with one burst blister on my toe and a bit achy just now (know the worst is yet to come) just as motivated for Ben nevis, however have learned a lot, thankfully we're climbing first thing in the morning so wont have climbing in the mid day sun to contend with.

Heres some piccies of the amazing Totts. She was fine, no cut paws, kept behind me as usual to feel safe.

Excuse the sweaty fringe lol

Thanks for looking. Again guys sponsorship for the big climb would be really appreciated Smile
My just giving page Smile
x
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......great photos laura! and yes you know how worried we were that you went of on you own however glad you saw sense not to continue. well done you and i hope you're not too sore this morning!
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done for getting that far.........Ben Lomond will still be there the next time you go.

Thanks for posting the photos.

John
alice and susan
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Very well done you and Totts, I think that could be something we could all do as a Christmas treat ( I don`t know if Tia is too young still, but would love to give it a go !!! again as I really enjoyed it a few years back when I climbed it)

Mmmmm what do you peeps think ???????

Alice
PS Susan has a note and only one sandshoe so I think this will just be an Alice and Tia post LOL

amandawhitelaw
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done to you and totts
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alice and susan wrote:
Hi

Very well done you and Totts, I think that could be something we could all do as a Christmas treat ( I don`t know if Tia is too young still, but would love to give it a go !!! again as I really enjoyed it a few years back when I climbed it)

Mmmmm what do you peeps think ???????

Alice
PS Susan has a note and only one sandshoe so I think this will just be an Alice and Tia post LOL

a couple of years ago we did the Meikle Bin on Jan 3rd.......... not a really difficult one at all

http://www.cumbernaulddogtraining.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5580
http://www.cumbernaulddogtraining.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5579
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done to both of u!!! Something neither me nor Alfie will ever manage I don't think. Let us know when ur planning the big one. Will def sponsor u for that one!!
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully my calves aren't nearly as bad as I thought they were going to be. Funnily my right leg is still feeling a bit tight but my left is fine :s lol. Doing 20 reps of the exercise you showed me Margaret (Ouch on the right!) Sleeping with a hot water bottle against my legs and going for a bath a night to get myself fit again for sat. Not doing any long walks before just small climbs and some swimming to keep myself going Smile

Would be up for doing a decent walk after xmas. But wouldn't fancy Ben Lomond. I chose a day I knew was dry, no rain, just too hot. Wouldn't fancy it in the rain at all too many opportunities to slip (i think) lol Very Happy

And the biggy is this weekend Surprised Wont be at tonights walk since we have a Ben Nevis meeting tonight. Not chuffed, it might be raining the day were supposed to do the climb, but the day after is set for sun Neutral might need to delay by a day if weather is bad

x
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't see u before then but I found ur link for sponsor. Good luck!!! Is little totts doing it with u?? Hopefully no rain!!

Good luck again
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Lesley, really appreciate it Smile Yup Totts is meant to be doing it too, but shes started showing signs of going into heat. Met a few dogs up Ben Lomond and none of them bothered her and they were off lead, so hopefully she'll hold off till Sunday. Watching her closely. Seems as though everything that could make things more difficult is happening lol

x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Pictures of Our Pets and Our Walks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: