Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
re-homing Spencer the Lurcher type dog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: re-homing Spencer the Lurcher type dog Reply with quote

a friend on my mus is trying to find a new home for her dads lurcher type dog

Quote:
here's some pics of spencer.. he's a lovely friendly dog. He's 8 years old and a very affectionate dog. He belonged to my sis but she couldn't take him when she moved into her flat. my mum and dad have him but now my dad is retired and they are going away more so they can't keep him. dad tried two dog homes but both had long waits to take him and my dad really wants him gone in a few weeks time as they are away on hols. He's a great placid dog who is great around children, I've never worried once with erin and she's been practically hanging off his tail pulling it at times and he's never even snapped. his only downfall is that he is terrified of other dogs. no matter their shape or size, he's absoloutley petrified, definietly not a guard dog either!!!
Would be great if you could find him a new home and we knew he went into good hands!!
Thanks
Lynsey

Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will speak to the rehoming team at Oldies Club and see if they can mention him on their page Smile
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey

If your mums friend wants the help OC may be able to assist.

They would need to either leave a message on 08445 868656 and someone will call them back, or e-mail details including landline number to rehome@oldies.org.uk.

They can take full details - however OC have very few foster homes without other dogs especially in Scotland (which im trying to work on), so I'm afraid it isn't going to be easy for OC to take him to rehome and would probably be a long wait for a foster.

If they are able to offer back-up (ie take him back if things don't work out in a new home) then we could list him on our website as a private rehoming.

Laura
kerry
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i know my work is full at the moment, we are not taking any unwanted dogs in at the moment have to leave what little space we have for strays, got so bad we are having to try pair up our dogs for space Sad but what we do ask is people to send a pic , a short story about the dogs ( both good and bad points, basically everything you would want to know if you were looking for a dog)and a contact no , we put it in our good homes wanted book, that serves as a waiting list, and when we have space we go through the book and check if you are still wanting the dog rehomed, or what we alwasy say is callreguraly, say you have sent the pic in and then we can reasses the sitiation. But it will be a while till we have space Sad and we have so many lurchers, greyhounds, whippets in at the moment Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Dog Rehoming/ Lost Dogs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: