Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Amber ran away .. twice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MariaMcKenna
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Amber ran away .. twice Reply with quote

Looks like she is turning into a teenager, last night she ran off .. but not to far I could still see her .. I think she thought it was a game, but we eventually got her back

today while I was at college, David took her out & she ran off again .. though this time she was nowhere to be seen, luckily a lady who has seen us out with her found her .. on the road nearly being knocked down Sad, & brought her back to David .. so I think we will be keeping her on the long line for a while till she is back to being better at recall again Sad

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really glad you got Amber back safely. It's pretty scary when this happens. After 5 hours of looking for Carrie a couple of weeks ago, I had pretty much given up hope. But they seem to be more resourceful than they appear, and most dogs, somehow, seem to get themselves back to somewhere safe.

Jane
kendal
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im having issues with Inca's recall at the moment, for some reason the birds are flying really low and Inca loves chasing birds, normally when i called her she would come back albeit the long way but now she is just fallowing birds till she cant see me then comes running.

it is never nice when your dog runs off, Gypsy has done is 3 times, twice she ran home from the rugby pitch which meant crossing a road with a blind bend, the third time she had attempted to run home but their were a group of guys hanging about the path that she would have taken. i remember walking back looking at the time knowing that if she had gotten home mum would have called me by now. i then herd the noise of a tags on a collar behind me, im guessing she didn't want to pass the guys so had taken a different rout and ended up behind me

lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendal wrote:
im having issues with Inca's recall at the moment, for some reason the birds are flying really low and Inca loves chasing birds, normally when i called her she would come back albeit the long way but now she is just fallowing birds till she cant see me then comes running.

This is alfies favourite. He chases after the crows in the field. Once he's off with his ears back he's completely deaf. Until he gets there, crow flies off and he's left wondering where it went. Then he turns and comes back. I'm hoping one day he'll grow out of it. I just make sure hes not off lead near a road as although he's trained to stop at the road, if something exciting was at the other side I'm sure he'd be off after it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: