Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Hi from Franklin The Dane and his forever family

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David-Allan
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Hi from Franklin The Dane and his forever family Reply with quote

Just thought i'd pop in and say hi from myself David-Allan and the other half clair and our big lovely mutt Franklin.

We will be coming to the obedience classes soon and also can't wait to take part in the group walks.

Franklin is approx 2 - 3 years of age and is a Harlequin Great Dane that we got from Scottish Great Dane Rescue. He is a gorgeous lovable big oath who loves to lean against everyone he meets and has a fascination for eating/stealing bread even though he knows he isn't aloud it.

Franklin has a bit of a hard life so far and we wanted a big dog so thought we could give him a good new home. We have had him for about 4 months now and absolutely adore him. He is even a celebrity in his own light as he has his very own website and twitter account and lots of followers.

We can't wait for you all to meet him, don't worry we will bring a drool towel.

David-Allan, Clair & Franklin
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi david claire and franklin and welcome. along with my daughter kendal we have 4 cockapoos, (cross cocker spaniel and poodle). franklin looks fab and sounds like he has settled well with you and found his forever home. we have had several great danes to the club and know all about drool so no worries Laughing ... as one of my daughter's sweat shirts say "no outfit is complete without a few dog hairs!" Very Happy Very Happy

look forward to meeting you all!
kendal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey welcome, cant wait to meet yourself and Franklin.

he looks like a stunning boy.

David-Allan
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janis wrote:
hi david claire and franklin and welcome. along with my daughter kendal we have 4 cockapoos, (cross cocker spaniel and poodle). franklin looks fab and sounds like he has settled well with you and found his forever home. we have had several great danes to the club and know all about drool so no worries Laughing ... as one of my daughter's sweat shirts say "no outfit is complete without a few dog hairs!" Very Happy Very Happy

look forward to meeting you all!

Thanks for the welcome I have never heard of cockapoos before, they look great can't wait to meet them. I need a t-shirt that says the same but replacing hairs with drool.

kendal wrote:
hey welcome, cant wait to meet yourself and Franklin.

he looks like a stunning boy.

Thank you we can't wait to meet you all too
lesley
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. Franklin looks lovely!! Looking forward to meeting him. I have a 2yr old staffy, Alfie and come to class on a Sunday and also to some of the walks so will hopefully get a chance to meet franklin soon!!
Sharon Falconer
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Franklin looks gorgeous.
I'm Sharon and have a 16 month old German Shepherd called Cleo, 3 cats, and a newly adopted 6month old abandoned kitten.
I've only been to the classes for a few months but have been made to feel really welcome. I'm sure you and Franklin will both enjoy the classes
David-Allan
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lesley wrote:
Hi there. Franklin looks lovely!! Looking forward to meeting him. I have a 2yr old staffy, Alfie and come to class on a Sunday and also to some of the walks so will hopefully get a chance to meet franklin soon!!

Thanks Clair is hopefully going to be going to the class on Sunday, prob bring a friend though to help with the handful. I'm trying to get time off work but it looks unlikely.

Sharon Falconer wrote:
Hi
Franklin looks gorgeous.
I'm Sharon and have a 16 month old German Shepherd called Cleo, 3 cats, and a newly adopted 6month old abandoned kitten.
I've only been to the classes for a few months but have been made to feel really welcome. I'm sure you and Franklin will both enjoy the classes

Hi Sharon, I love shepherds they are so hairy though lol. We have 4 rats, 2 lizards, 2 ferrets and a snake too, its like a zoo here.
Janis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not had the others but had had the rats before.....9 to be precise 6 at one time... all hooded and fabulous wee guys! when you say to most folk you get that "eeughh" sound with a screwed up face and then the comment "it's the tails!" they really don't know what they are missing!!! Rolling Eyes
Huey's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love him!!!!!

I'm slightly biased when it come to big dogs. I have a 15 month Bernese Mountain Dog Called Huey ,AKA shug the dug. I think Huey was a Great Dane in a former life, he too likes to drool, lean on you or sit right on the bones of your feet until you think they're going to snap. i would love to get another dog but it would have to be another biggy Ross my husband thinks i'm crazy! it's either another BMD, Newfy or great dane....when i'm allowed lol

hopefully see you at sunday class soon.

Frankie
GILLB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi im Gill i have a 13 week Golden Retriever called Cassie i havnt long started using this forum and found it really interesting and everyone sounds really nice cant wait to meet everyone...im going to take Cassie along to class on Thurs for the first time this shuld be fun Laughing and also hope to go on some of the walks Very Happy

Franklin looks adorable Smile
Carrie's-Mum

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi from me too.

I have a 17-month old German shepherd, Carrie, who recently started attending John's classes. Long way to go though!

Love the website! Carrie has her own Facebook page, where she keeps friends and family up to date on what she's been getting up to (naughty stuff usually!).

Hope to meet Franklin at classes.

Jane
David-Allan
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks we can't wait to meet you all too.

Clair is going to bring Franklin to the class on Sunday but not sure what time it's at and if there is anything she should bring along with her.

I'm working on Sunday unfortunately so won't be able to come to the first class which is disappointing but one of my friends is going to go with Clair as she is a little nervous.

Huey's mum wrote:
I love him!!!!!

I'm slightly biased when it come to big dogs. I have a 15 month Bernese Mountain Dog Called Huey ,AKA shug the dug. I think Huey was a Great Dane in a former life, he too likes to drool, lean on you or sit right on the bones of your feet until you think they're going to snap. i would love to get another dog but it would have to be another biggy Ross my husband thinks i'm crazy! it's either another BMD, Newfy or great dane....when i'm allowed lol

hopefully see you at sunday class soon.

Frankie

I'm a fan of big dogs too, we both are actually which helps. Clair wants to get an Irish Wolf Hound next or an Airedale or a Basset Hound. Really need a bigger house or a farm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Say Hello To Everyone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: