Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Help, Cut Paw

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Non Dog Photo Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Help, Cut Paw Reply with quote

I got home late last night to find that Holly has cut a pad on her paw. I don't think that there was a lot of blood when it happened as it would of been noticed. After checking the pad it is cut & red underneath. Not sure if a trip to the vets is needed. Does anyone know what I should do?
Janis
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey linda if it's clean and not bleeding i wouldn't run to the vet. make sure it is clean with boiled cool water and what we have used in the past is the spray plaster you can get from boots. it's sprays on and you let dry and it acts as a barrier for any dirt to get in. it will wear off with holly walking but as long as she seems fine in herself i would say you don't need a visit to the vet or their fees!
Linda S

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Help Cut Paw Reply with quote

Thanks Janis, I have tried to keep it clean & keep her indoors, she's not too pleased. I will try the spray plaster though, sounds a good idea.
Laura-Anne
High Post Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the area becomes particularly red, swollen, or hot it may be infected. In this case I would go to the vet otherwise just as Janis said. Smile You could wash it out after walks if you are worried.
Cat.David.and.Dexter
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

For Dexter's recent cut paw we got fuciderm cream from the vets although, we were told afterwards, you can buy it over the counter from any chemist and it's much cheaper. A friend at work says that she uses it regularly to sooth any sore paws or cuts and especially in winter when the grit and salt can irritate. Dexter was fine with letting us put it on as I don't think it nipped as much as some other creams can.

Cat
Linda S

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the posts. Ended up taking Holly to the vet this morning as there was still some blood coming from the cut. Was told she has taken a wee chunk out of her pad and she has been given some anti-inflammatory medicine to take. Need to wait for it to scab over.

Tried the spray plaster last night but she was not best pleased. Might try the fuciderm cream if it's not healing.

Linda
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vet recommends sudocreme for cuts on dogs. It also acts as a barrier to prevent dirt in wound.
Breagha's mum
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vet recommends sudocreme for cuts on dogs. It also acts as a barrier to prevent dirt in wound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Non Dog Photo Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: