Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Not been to class for a while/Dexter and David attacked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cat.David.and.Dexter
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Not been to class for a while/Dexter and David attacked Reply with quote

Hey,

Just wanted to put a wee message up to say hello. We've been off for a while but Dexter's been keeping up his training! With one thing or another we've just not been able to come all the way through to Cumbernauld. We've had one-to-one training from a woman down the road and I'd love to say he's now the model dog! He's not!! But he'll get there eventually. Hopefully we'll come to class after summer break and no one'll recognise him!

We've kinda went back a step this week as David and Dexter were attacked by another GSD on Sunday night so now Dexter is spooked by everything. The dog slipped it's collar (a choke chain, which the guy had both loops on the lead rather than one loop through the other so it was all loose) and ran all the way down the street to attack Dexter. David tried to kick the dog away and so the dog bit his leg too. Dexter managed to run away and came home, other dog on his heels and biting at him all the time. I heard the yelping and opened the front door but poor Dexter couldn't get in cause this dog kept chasing him. Our drive is all claw marks from where Dexter was trying to run round the car quickly to get away. Eventually Dex ran past me into the house and I blocked the dogs path and screamed at it. It gave David a chance to launch himself at the dog, picked it up by the scruff and pinned it to the ground until the guy - ages behind I'll point out! not even running after the dog - came with the chain, which he then put on wrong again!!

Dexter's ok. Bit's of his fur are all over the street but no broken skin. For once I'm thankful he's so fluffy! David had to go to hospital and will probably miss work this week cause he can't walk or drive. They glued David's bites as said they can't stitch as it's stitching in infection. I phoned the police immediately amidst the drama but after returning from the hospital I wasn't so sure we should persue. We went down to the station yesterday and the police officer was really doing the "hard-sell" for us to press charges. I'm still not sure we made the right decision to just go with a warning. The guy told us immediately afterwards that it wasn't even his dog, he was just walking it for a pal and it was going away on Monday. We'd never seen the dog before so I believe it's a pals. We know the guy by sight-we can see his front door from ours-so it's just all a bit awkward. So we decided to just go with a warning rather than prosecution. It would also mean we'd have to go to court and really I just can't do that just now with everything else! I'm just not sure what's right or wrong for us to do. We've taken pics in case there's any comeback but I expect we won't see the dog again if that guy has any sense!

Anyway, I wasn't going to post the Dexter story until I saw Janice had mentioned poor Lennox. It infuriates me how blanket assumptions are made of dogs and this pup is paying for it.
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

really sorry to hear this.....hope David recovers OK.

The last thing Dexter needed was his confidence dented.

The police will really hammer an attack like that.

john
Cat.David.and.Dexter
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hope the guy gets a strong warning and we don't see the dog again. We'd never seen it before and our wee estate only has 113 houses so we pretty much know every dog that's about! So, we're believing it was just visiting. Hopefully it'll not be back!

I know. I feel he has been getting better with meeting dogs he doesn't know while on the lead but he through a hissy fit at a wee sausage dog the other night so I think his nervous aggression is back with full force. We had been hoping (health dependent) to go to the GSD Rescue day in August but I'm not sure that environment would do him any favours as he is just now! I'm just so mad it happened!!! I get madder the more I hear about it as the neighbours all heard and have been asking if everyone is ok. Plus Dexter's fluff is all over the street and there are claw marks on my monoblock where Dex has been skidding round our car trying to get away. Stupid dog. Stupid-er person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> General Dog Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: