Custom Search

Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
Pet Corrector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzanne St
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Pet Corrector Reply with quote

Has anyone used this. My neighbor has two very large dogs, and showed this to me, she said that now she shows the can to her dogs and it stopes them barking. It did startle Katie and she stopped barking at
her dogs.

Pet Corrector (PC) 50ml

The Pet Corrector (PC) is a convenient, portable interrupter of undesirable behaviour, that provides a warning hiss stimulus. Dangerous snakes, insects and birds like geese use the hiss sound to drive off predators like wild dogs, cats or horses, and our domesticated pets have the same sensitivity to sound.

It is important that the PC is used cautiously and responsibly, so as not to traumatise or frighten your pet. The gas is inert and like fresh air, cannot cause physical harm. Pet Corrector 50ml Holster and 200ml Pet Corrector Also Available
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks as though it simply redirects the dogs mind, the same as cymbals, a leash correction....etc

If it stops unwanted behavior then it has to be good.
Lindy
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds interesting Suzanne
Janis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WOULDN'T MIND LOOKING INTO THIS SUZANNE! CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE IT IS ABAILABLE?
Karen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daughter brought one home for me I took it on a few walks to see if it worked, you have to get timing perfect or no good, my dogs were wondering what I was carrying I think they thought I was going to play fetch with it, so I did not actually get to use it as on the walks we went they did not bark ( I think they knew I was up to something) actually we just didnt meet any dogs...
heard that they are quite effective
Suzanne St
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on sale here... Click Here!
StuartW

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Thomson wrote:
This looks as though it simply redirects the dogs mind, the same as cymbals, a leash correction....etc

If it stops unwanted behavior then it has to be good.

For a while, a loud "brrrrrrooooooobrooobroooobroo" noise used to make Doogle instantly drop whatever he had in his mouth, not so much now. The sound of the laptop lid clicking shut though.. gets his attention everytime. No Doogle, it's not time for another walk Rolling Eyes
Janice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hissing at Dale every time he bit the lead was a suggestion I tried. I was told that dogs react to the hiss sound because that's a natural warning noise e.g. cats and geese. It worked quite well but you have to hiss at the right time and stoat the right time. Its a wonder I've not been locked up by now Laughing
I think the pet corrector does much the same thing but its some thing else to carry around so I'd suggest hissing yourself first.
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a few people who use this to stop unwanted barking. It works well with their dogs, timing is crucial though, as most of you know.

If you intend to use this, I would suggest keeping it out of sight, don't over use and when used try to skoosh it from behind the dog or at a an angle where the dog can't see it.

It's only compressed air and won't harm the dog physically in any way, although I don't think the Pet Corrector could be used on every dog.
bluechowchow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: this is awful Reply with quote

I think this is awful. Let them bark if they want. You don't want to frighten them with chemicals. Maybe the gas is toxic?
Suzanne St
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: this is awful Reply with quote

bluechowchow wrote:
I think this is awful. Let them bark if they want. You don't want to frighten them with chemicals. Maybe the gas is toxic?

It's a can of compressed air, it has a nozzle so it makes a hissing sound to distract the dogs atenttion when it's missbehaving. you dont spray it on the dog.

I think you are missunderstanding the use of this "tool" and it's benefits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Puppy Questions and Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: