Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
possibly worth a read!!!! ( dog food!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicola

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elaine wrote:
Fiona wrote:
kirsty wrote:
my two love the dirty tripe, yuk.

puke Star loves tripe but I can't stomach it! Sorry Star bar Sad

I love tripe my mum cooks it for me in milk with leeks n' onions

Oh my god, that sounds disgusting Elaine!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
kirsty
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dogs stuff is truly disgusting- it comes with a think layer of while stretchy stuff then the green stomache bits where obviously the grass in he diet has stained the inside - it looks a bit like octopus bumps, it is really gross when you have to touch it - it feels all rough and knobbly.
shirley c

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooo I must get Allan to read this Twisted Evil
Nicola

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirsty wrote:
The dogs stuff is truly disgusting- it comes with a think layer of while stretchy stuff then the green stomache bits where obviously the grass in he diet has stained the inside - it looks a bit like octopus bumps, it is really gross when you have to touch it - it feels all rough and knobbly.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Fiona

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicola wrote:
kirsty wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Nicola you have no idea! I had only ever seen the white stuff you see in the butchers then I saw this stuff. The smell is horrific! I couldn't even put it in the wheelie bin coz I would have still smelled it! Star was outraged when I binned it. Laughing
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, please stop.

I remember my mother cooking tripe when I was a child - I couldn't even go into the house when I came home from school.

I used to say I could smell it before I got off the bus! puke

I don't care how good it is for me sad5 - pass the Chardonnay please! drunken
suzanne l
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats fine marcella, i agree that this discussion will never end.
by average joe i didnt mean you guys, i wanted to make the point that even although im not a vet, i still have studied nutrition, and work with it every day, working out feeding plans etc for different illnesses.
i never had a problem with anyone feeding RAW, i just wanted to let people know that there are side effects to this diet, more in my opinion than there is from feeding a complete feed but each to their own.
also i didnt ask sharon and emma to come on this site, they did so of their own choice, so i cannot speak for them. they were simply interested after i kept speaking about it in work, annoying everyone and asking what they fed their own pets.
and one last thing, fiona, im not a vet, but i do consider myself qualified. i spent many years working towards my qualification, which only has a 57% pass rate as it is a difficult course, and i am proud to say i am a qualified veterinary nurse.
marcella

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Good ............... better to agree to disagree than keep going round in circles! Very Happy
Fiona

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suzanne l wrote:
fiona, im not a vet, but i do consider myself qualified. i spent many years working towards my qualification, which only has a 57% pass rate as it is a difficult course, and i am proud to say i am a qualified veterinary nurse.

Suzanne, I wasn't undermining the fact you are a veterinary nurse, I think you have alot to offer to this forum. What I was saying was that you came on the forum stating we should all have faith in our vets yet with nearly every post you seemed to contradicted his and other vets advice. I think you should be very proud to be a veterinary nurse. Razz
Phoebe
High Post Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have never fed yogurt or milk.......I was always of the opinion that dairy produce loosened stools?

John, they will love it. Sony gets ones a week a meatless day. At this special days she gets her fruit and veg puree together with yogurt, cottage cheese or Quark (German thing Laughing from tesco continental aisle).
I never noticed a change of her poo. Very Happy
Emma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]Now veterinary nurse or not you are simply NOT an canine nutritionist nor does it make you any more qualified to tell us how it makes us care less for our dogs. That is simply an ignorant and offensive statement.[/quote]

ok, that's right i studied veterinary nursing, including: pathology, nutrition, anatomy and much more in canines at university level, but i have no more knowledge than you. Do you have more knowledge than a mechanic by having a car? Or a Dr from being sick? I keep getting abuse for trying to home in on what is, in the long run the best ingredients for a healthy pet, if u want to feed raw then do it, I'm clearly not even making you consider anything else. I just hope your dog stays healthy and you prove me wrong in the years to come, because this site is, consider all about the dog, not us.

I really wanna ask again what qualifications do u and John have? I'm just curious as you are the people behind this forum and a healthy debate needs knowledge as well as passion.
kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma,

My vet has advised me to stick very strickly to a raw diet for one of my dogs to control his allergies. Please answer this point?
marcella

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma wrote:
I keep getting abuse for trying to home in on what is, in the long run the best ingredients for a healthy pet, if u want to feed raw then do it, I'm clearly not even making you consider anything else.

In your opinion Emma, you think dry is the healthiest option. I'm afraid as I have already stated we will have to agree to disagree on this subject as I will NEVER be convinced that corn, fat by products and additives are a better option than natural foods. Wink

Yes we are the people behind this forum and we do not force our views down our other members throats ........ we are happy to provide our views and learnings the same as anyone else. However........... once again I find I'm repeating myself Rolling Eyes , we choose to do it in a non aggressive fashion. You seem to find that very difficult.

Why haven't you contributed to any other thread here? Why haven't you offered advice where only today several people are asking about dogs and colds? Or perhaps about dog diabetes where someone asked for information? You have chosen to charge in guns blazing yet again.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for you as you have an inability to find your manners.
Emma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not once have i said that dry is the best option i have simply said that bones are no good, and that dogs need a complete diet wet or dry or both. I find myself repeating myself too. My guns were not blazing i find it hard, when ppl are clearly disregarding mine and other qualified opinions. I haven't contributed to all threads on here because there are loads and am working a 6day week so would rather not spend all my free time typing. You still haven't answered any of my questions, what qualifications do you have considering animal health and care, i have told you mine. there's no need to feel sorry for me i take pride in the fact that i get to work with animals everyday and have worked my ass off to do so. i feel sorry for you, and your need to insult my manners when clearly u know nothing about me.
Fiona

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma wrote:
I find myself repeating myself too. My guns were not blazing i find it hard, when ppl are clearly disregarding mine and other qualified opinions.

Emma time upon time at least 3 of us have stated how our vets are happy that we are on a BARF diet, Kirsty's vet even told her to stick to it more strictly. We have asked for your views on this several times and you have yet to answer. I'm sorry but I think I will listen to my vet rather than you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16

Jump to: