Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
possibly worth a read!!!! ( dog food!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emma

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have told you my views, I'm bored of this circle of comments, do what u will, Adios!
John Thomson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma wrote:

ok, that's right i studied veterinary nursing, including: pathology, nutrition, anatomy and much more in canines at university level, but i have no more knowledge than you.

I am quite sure you have more qualifications than me.....what qualification did you attain at university? You say you studied at university level but not what you actually attained.

Emma wrote:

Do you have more knowledge than a mechanic by having a car?

an extremely interesting statement. I am afraid I am a car/motorbike 'anorak' ....one of my many passions. Marcella sponsors a Grand Prix motorcycle sidecar which I work as a mechanic on.....I have travelled around Europe on the Grand Prix 'circuit'...who would you prefer as a mechanic...someone who graduated from Cumbernauld college with a certificate telling you he is a mechanic.....or me who has no certificate but has worked as an unpaid mechanic at the highest level in motorcycle sidecar racing?

Emma wrote:
if u want to feed raw then do it, I'm clearly not even making you consider anything else. I just hope your dog stays healthy and you prove me wrong in the years to come, because this site is, consider all about the dog, not us.

I fed my dogs a commercial diet for nearly 20 years and believe I have now found a healthier alternative.....why should you have such a problem with that?

I would be interested to hear your comments on the ingredients thread but you have only ever posted on this one, as a VN your comments are welcome but only if you remain courteous to other members.

Again I request that you refrain from personal attack on other members of this site.

I provide this site to users free of charge at a not inconsiderable cost to myself if you do not have the courtesy to remain civil to other members then I suggest you are in the wrong place.
marcella

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're absolutely right Emma .............. we do know nothing about you. You still have not introduced yourself in our hello forum. Perhaps if you did and then posted your views here more politely and less judgemental then we would have had a less argumentative discussion.
Your initial post was very aggressively put and I was inundated by messages from other forum members (most of whom do not feed BARF might I add) who were upset by your remarks and they asked me who you were. They found your initial post deeply upsetting and offensive..... and they continue to do so.
Your arrogance has been overwhelming.

John is in the process of answering your questions, I'll let him do that rather than repeating it.

I am a very busy lady too. Not only to I run this forum I also run my own company which takes up 7 days of every week. If you have found the time to post here you could have found the time to post elsewhere and contributed in a more positive fashion.
If you are incapable of doing so then please refrain from making any further posts. You have made no positive impact so far and for someone with your 'qualifications' that's sad.
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are missing something here - there has to be a hidden agenda .

Why should 3 associated people join this forum with the sole intention of making an all out attack on the beliefs of some of the members, and more specifically the forum moderators, in a way which is way beyond an interested debate?

A lot of folk are upset by this, the moderators have made their very valid points, and yet this criticism continues unabated.

I just cannot work this out! Confused
Lindy
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma wrote:
and your need to insult my manners when clearly u know nothing about me.

Emma my point exactly you do not know any of us on this forum and you have the audacity to write that we did not care for our dogs by RAW feeding and would probably not take them to the vet if they were ill. Now is this not a personal attack on people you do not know???? You did not insult our manners you insulted us!!!!

Your knowledge and experience is clearly there however the method in which you chose to share it on this forum is the issue. I am no vet or vet nurse nor have I studied animal welfare but I have spent my whole life with animals so I think 31 years of experience does not count for nothing. AS for my ability to research I have BSC and over ten years of experience in my filed of work which regularly has me looking for the answers to questions i do not have the answers to so i have to find these answers, has me looking for medical research and case studies to back up work I am submitting and has me monitoring and evaluating the various projects I work on. I would defy anyone who said I was unable to make an informed choice on what is the best method of feeding for my dogs.

This forum is here to help and support it's members and every ones views and opinions are respected however if you chose to voice these views and opinions in a manner that clearly insults those you are trying to inform you must accept the results of your actions.
kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emma

Im still waiting for you answer my post.
StuartW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the trolls may have departed Sad

Shame. I was just starting to enjoy the witty retorts.
Mary
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been reading this thread for sometime now and Enid I am with you - something does not sit right with these three.

We are all free to make our own judgments based on our own research and the suitability of types of food for our dogs. My Danny used to have regular bouts of colitis but I am (touchwood)delighted to say not for some time now.

I am absolutely certain that each and every person who attends our club does their best for their dogs.
kendal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StuartW wrote:

im sorry Stuart but i think that was unnecessary, we are trying to stop the b#tching

StuartW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendal wrote:
StuartW wrote:

im sorry Stuart but i think that was unnecessary, we are trying to stop the b#tching

Very true Kendal, I apologise.
suzanne l
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enid - i have said before, i did not join this site to argue. my mum is a well respected member of the club, has been for years, and i have attended with her many a time, my aunt is also a member and both are on the committee. i joined as i am getting a dog of my own soon, i moved out of the family home a while ago and now have my own place with my long term boyfriend and my 6month baby kitten banjo, and was thinking of bringing my puppy to the class. that is the reason i joined. and to be referred to as a troll??? nice.
StuartW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't actually referring to you Suzanne L.. but I can see why you thought so. My apologies to you too.
kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StuartW wrote:
kendal wrote:
StuartW wrote:

Stuart, you just cant help yourself - I love it Wink
StuartW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirsty wrote:
StuartW wrote:
kendal wrote:
StuartW wrote:

Stuart, you just cant help yourself - I love it Wink

Sorry folks, been watching too much Ugly Betty recently Sad
kirsty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Suzanne, your post came in after I had replied to Stuart, I Just love his sense of humor and in no way meant to come across insulting. but when I read my last post could see that it may sound offensive.

actually would not want to offend anyone. in future will not be posting with a couple of glasses of wine inside my tummy Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Feeding & Nutrition All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: