Quick Forum Search

Advanced Search

Who's Online
[ Administrator ]
[ Moderator ]

http://www.phpbb.com
need good GP near Cumberbauld
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: need good GP near Cumberbauld Reply with quote

I know, that might be not the place to start such discussions but with us "just" moved to Scotland we will need to register at a GP at one time. help So I hope you can give me some advice and suggest a GP who not just prescribe paracetamol for any disease. Rolling Eyes

Thank you for you help.

Marco
Karen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marco I have been with Dr Andersons practice in Kenilworth for 30+ years never had any issues been there since young child so nothing else to base it on, sorry cant be of any further help..
Enid
Site Addict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are with the Dr Norris and partners at Craigmarloch - almost all good doctors. You can also get appointments easily which seems to be unusual these days!

They are also at the Central Health Centre at North Carbrain which is closer to you.
Magz
I don't have a life ...I'm always here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend Kennilworth or central health centre, both good kennolworth waiting times and appointment sytems can mean waiting longer to see a doctor but the docs are really good there. central health centre not as long for appointments but you can never guarantee seeing the same doctor twice.
both very local to you Very Happy
will

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Dr. Smith at Kennilworth and he was good. He looked like Elmer Fud and he even had the lisp. Whenever he wasn't in I seemed to get Dr. Socklingham who is a fantastic doctor and he is a fantastic doctor for kids, if you have any, because he is very patient and understanding.

I am currently at McNeill and Barry in Muirhead and I can say DO NOT go there. Dr McNeill is a pompous academic who's next diagnosis is sure to be why my foot is stuck up his @ss.
Janis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI MARCO

MY WHOLE FAMILY INCLUDING MY LATE GRANDMOTHER HAVE BEEN WITH DR MORRISON'S PRACTICE IN THE CENTRA HEALTH CENTRE FOR OVER 40 YEARS!

THEY AREN'T TOO BAD FOR APPOINTMENTS AND HAVE 3 LADY DOCTORS ALSO!

DR SANDRA GRAHAM
DR EARLY (( THESE THREE ARE THE LADY DOCTORS))
DR WALKER LOVE

DR MORRISON
CENTRAL HEALTH CENTRE
CUMBERNAULD
01236 731738
Marco
Forum Regular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all. Smile
Deborah Hamilton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco, I and my family have been at the Kenilworth practice for over 40 years and I wouldn't move anywhere else . They have been so good over the years but as with most big practices in Cumbernauld they have had to close their lists to new patients due to the large number on their books.

The Craigmarloch practice ( Dr Norris) is my friends brother in law and they get a good name too. They also hold surgeries at the central health centre. Again I think they may have closed their list too. But why don't you go in to the practices and ask? These are the two largest practices in Cumbernauld and I think have the best reputation. Although it always comes down to personal choice so people may disagree with me. Good luck.
marcella

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have been with the Craigmarloch practice since we moved here 12 years ago. I have no complaints. Very Happy
linsey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there - Steven and I are at Kennilworth...

One thing I will say though - we moved to Cumbernauld 2 years ago and we couldn't get any of the surgeries to put us on their patient list...! In the end we had to write directly to the Health Board in Glasgow and they placed us on the Kennilworth list - but we didn't have a choice and we took what we got.

Good luck with it!

Linsey
Phoebe
High Post Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment it looks the same for us. Marco already wrote the letter to Glasgow. Will see. It is so strange for us, not even to have a choice, which GP we like to use Confused Hopefully they will place us to a good one Sad Sad Sad
linsey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Phoebe and Marco,

I know - it was a bit of a shock to us that we couldn't just go to a surgery and get on the patient list! Makes me wonder why we bother paying taxes sometimes!

Don't worry - you should hear back pretty soon... i think they got back to us within just over a week,

Lx
Janis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY OTHER HALF JUST TURNED UP AT MY GP'S AND ASKED FOR AN APPOINTMENT TO REGISTER AND AFTER AN EXAMINATION HAD HIS NOTES TRANSFERRED AND TOOK HIM ON NO PROBLEM! THAT WAS 8 YEARS AGO!
Fiona

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the same for Jenna and I. I have to travel back and forth to Glasgow to see a doctor as the GP's in Cumbernauld are totally full.
StuartW

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiona wrote:
Its the same for Jenna and I. I have to travel back and forth to Glasgow to see a doctor as the GP's in Cumbernauld are totally full.

Fiona, have you tried all of them? Izzy and I are with Abronhill and Kildrum surgeries - both quite recently.

In any case, it is important for continuity of care from the out of hours GP service in your area that you are registered with a surgery in the same area, i.e. Lanarkshire for Cumbernauld, not Glasgow. Otherwise... if you need to see a GP from Lanarkshire out of hour service when your Glasgow surgery is closed, you will need to be seen as a 'temporary resident'.. not ideal. Worse still, if your Glasgow surgery is closed for training.. but Lanarkshire surgeries are open.. you will have to chance your luck at a local surgery.

Contact the health board... you are entitled to be registered with a surgery in your area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cumbernauld Dog Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: